Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap 360 blocked, lost files and charged 8 times. Can't stitch anymore!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
AP2014
971 Views, 22 Replies

Recap 360 blocked, lost files and charged 8 times. Can't stitch anymore!

Hello,

The product is great but the web interface is quite problematic:

1) Yesterday, I try to stitch photos manually to improve a project. I spend 3 hours and the site blocks. I have to restart from scratch. The file disappears.

2) I restart from scratch, pay again for a new calc, wait for hours, and go to "stitch" again.

3) I stitch over 40 photos. Suddenly, I select a photo to stitch, the site freezes and only shows 2 black windows. I can't do anything more.

4) I decide to start again (again!) from scratch since I do need this 3d model urgently. I prepare the project again. I spend time on the "registration" page and I input dimensions.

5) I am ready to launch but it doesn't work. I click "next" but never land on the "submitted page". I try again and again, it never goes to the next page which should say "submitted successfully".

6) Suddenly, I am back to the credit counter and I discover I have been charged 8 times (I have 60 credits left instead of 105).

7) This morning (15 hours later > why is it that long, why is there such a queue???), I receive 5 emails saying my projects are ready.

😎 I go to recap 360 (Chrome latest version running on W7 up to date): only 1 file appears and 1 still calculating (51% after 15 hours). Where are the 8 files I seem to have paid for (and why did I pay 8 times for the same file?)

9) I am able to open this completed project but when I want to download the files, the answer is: "No export" (although I systematically request all possible formats). So, I have really paid for nothing!

11) I decide to stitch manually (86 photos out of 249 have not been stitched!) and resubmit. But I can't stitch: I choose a picture and it opens 2 black frozen windows. Hidden behind a banner, I can guess it is written “please contact support”. What support? Where?

12) I write a feedback and I am unable to send it... I hit “send feedback” and nothing happens..

13) I want to share my folder with a friend: I go back to the main page and the complete project I just opened is no longer there. I can only see 2 new ones still calculating... Where are the jobs I paid for?

14) I try to share an other project folder with a friend in order to get some help. The sharing fails, saying "object reference is not set to an instance of an object"

I think something is going wrong here, am I right?

How can I get a working site back and finally complete this 3d model? How can I get credits back?

Please, guys, try to make a web service as great as the photogrametry product! So far, it discouraging.

Thanks

I think you guys have a big problem with the web interface as well as with the computing power.

It is a pity because the photo product is so great!

What is to happen next?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
mason.foster
in reply to: AP2014

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems. I can assure you we are looking into this, and will do our best to get your model to you, as well as your cloud credits refunded. 

If you aren't able to share the project directly from Recap360, can you try going to A360 (360.autodesk.com)? You should see the folders with your images and project files. Can you share these folders to the following emails?

recap360@autodesk.com

mason.foster@autodesk.com

That way, we can take a look at the images to see if we can reproduce the problem (and can also get the team to work generating you a model in the meantime). 

Thanks,

Mason

Message 3 of 23
AP2014
in reply to: mason.foster

Thanks Mason,

You are right, sharing seems to work, this way. I just did it, with a message.

Keep on, this product is going soon going to be amazing!

A.

Message 4 of 23
mason.foster

Great, thanks! I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for being so understanding - I know how frustrating it can be working with something new, but your resilience will help make the service better for everyone down the road.

Hang in there and we'll get you situated! 

Message 5 of 23
AP2014

Looking into the folders I shared with you, I just discovered that there are here some of the model files that the Recap360 page says do not exist... although only 1 or 2 instead of 8. I also re-did the calc because I do need to have something, but it took over 20 hours and now it took many minutes only for the webApp to display it.

Then, I saw many photos have not been stitched. And I can't stitch. It says: please contact support. So, I have done this new calc for nothing...

I need urgently a stitched and re-calculated model. i have a client meeting coming fast.

Thanks

Message 6 of 23
AP2014

Well, I tried to open the newly calculated file on recap360. I clicked on "open" and I have been waiting for now over 2 hours for the 3d model pour display... I just doesn't open.

Message 7 of 23
mason.foster

Oy! Sorry. I was able to open the project and I see that the RCM is available on A360...were you ever able to download it? If not, I can try to post it somewhere else for you. 

I will re-run a model with your images; unfortunately, I can't do the stitching on this project since it is shared with me. 

Message 8 of 23
AP2014
in reply to: mason.foster

I just opened a 2nd Chrome window, and this time the model opened (while the other window is still trying to open it).

This time 89 photos are unstitched and the result is not usable. If I go to stitch, I only get 2 black windows, and I am told to contact the support (you?). This is my biggest problem right now, it is going to make me miss my deliverable due date. See attached screenshot.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 1.09.08 PM.png

Message 9 of 23
recap360

I'm really sorry; I'm sure that is beyond frustrating. 

I downloaded the images from the shared folder and there were only 76 images; I'm processing them now. Were there more photos or is the 89 unstitched images issue a bug of some sort?

Message 10 of 23
AP2014
in reply to: recap360

There are 249 images, but on Autocad360, it takes a long time for them to be listed.

Then, last time, I saw some images had been copied or renamed. I don't know what is going on with this cloud.

and why is that site so so slow?

OK, so I went backwards on the 2nd recap I had opened (the one that finally showed the project) in order to verify the picture count, and now i won't open again... see this wheel rotating in the middle? It can last for hours.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 1.23.48 PM.png

Message 11 of 23
AP2014

3 hours later, this wheel is still turning.

I haven't been able to work at all today, in spite of spending a lot of time again. I am going to miss my deadline, although I started more than 1 week early.

Message 12 of 23
recap360

Have you made any progress here? I'm still only seeing 76 images, and not the 200+ you mentioned should be there. 

It seems like the A360 sharing is pretty screwy...but can you try unsharing and resharing the folder one more time? 

Message 13 of 23
AP2014

No progress, it is a complete catastrophy, I am going to miss my deadline.

I have paid for a new calculation. It took 19 hours (!), but now, I am still not able to stitch: same problem as before: 2 black windows. I could not even open the model, it kept loading for 4 hours before I gave up.

The webApp seems to be bugging seriously.

I have canclled the forder sharing and shared it again. There are actually 497 photos in the folder. I have put only 249 GoPro photos, but the site copied them into Defishxxx files.

Please help, I am going to hit a wall!

I only need this thing to work normally...

Thanks

Message 14 of 23
recap360

I got the folder share again, but still only see 75 images.

I'm so sorry; I feel like a real dummy trying to support things that keep falling apart - it wasn't supposed to be this way, honest! =P

Can you try creating a new folder with just the 249 images (that's the most we can submit at this point anyhow) and share that folder with me? I apologize for the runaround, I'm trying, but I need to get all of the images so I can try with the full dataset. 

Message 15 of 23
AP2014

OK.

I really think my account is rotten and you should completely reset it. I don't care if some files are deleted, but I feel it is not going to work otherwise.

Nevertheless, I created a new folder for you to try and I shared it. Please notice that there is no way on Autodesk360 to copy several files or a folder (why???). So, instead of spending 2 hours, I created a new folder and the fioles are currently being uploaded. Please check in 1 hour.

Please do something so I can work tonight (PT). I need to go out now for 3 hours. If necessary, please create a new account for me and recharge the credits.

Thanks

Message 16 of 23
AP2014

The files are in the new folder, which is shared

Message 17 of 23
AP2014

Hi,

This model was only a test, I have dozens of projects waiting behind this one, but if the demo can't even go through, I am afraid we got a problem.

Please make something work quickly, even if you have to create a brand new account or add servers to your system. Anyway, the site is way too slow.

Thanks

Message 18 of 23
recap360

Working on it now; will let you know how it goes.

Message 19 of 23
recap360

So, here's what I have to report - it's not great news. I was able to submit the project (btw, I'd suggest using Draft first since it's much faster and free, and once you get the images all stitched, you can simply re-run it in Ultra for the final mesh), but I ended up with 106 unstitched images. Not insurmountable BUT there is currently a bug preventing the user from stitching GoPro images...not sure why (my actual response was "WTF?!"), but it turns out to be a known bug with an estimated resolution coming late next week. 

I also heard back about the reimbursement policy of cloud credits, and it sounds like there is not currently an easy way to handle this. My response to this was also "WTF?!", and I will keep on the folks in that group to find a better solution so you can be reimbursed. 

Really sorry about that - can you tell me a bit about the images, in terms of how you captured them and the settings you used? I am getting a partial result back from the other 100 images, and want to try and figure out why the other half aren't stitching. 

Message 20 of 23
AP2014

Thanks for your help! At least some friendly voice...

Unfortunately, these are really bad news. I wanted to make photos with a regular camera, but Autodesk advised me to use a GoPro...

What day next week is the patch expected? I'll try to postpone my deadline. I need this model, everyone is waiting for it.

Do you mean the Draft mode runs even with 250 pictures? I thought it was limited to 50. All is so un-explained on the site.

About the pictures: we couldn't use a flying drone, so they were taken from the top a long boon, at 3 different heights (8', 16' 24') and it is not perfect. I think the un-stitching issue comes from the fact that 250 photo is not enough. I have 790 photos, and using more of them, the system could very easily follow the logic. But with a smaller number , it is really difficult, especially since this building is a bit more complicated than a pure rectangle. But what if it was a complex building and some levl of detail was expected. I think, an option for 500 photos or more is indispensible to have both some details on the top on some realistic volumes under the roof's overhang. I first tried with 50, and i obtained no model at all. Can you run it with more than 250 photos?

at this point, what if I used the defish format that the system has created: would it accept to stitch them?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report