Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General issues with ReCap 360, what to do ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
RC_steph
1865 Views, 12 Replies

General issues with ReCap 360, what to do ?

Hello,

with the latest update, some of you might experience unexpected issues like upload problems, blank viewer, empty gallery, ...

In that case please follow these steps:

- log out from ReCap360

- completely clean your cache

Thanks,

Stephane

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
RAndroseGlover
in reply to: RC_steph

I've done as directed above (sign out, clear cache, etc) but still can not upload images. I've gotten it to work once, but I had to upload images through my main Autodesk 360 Page, but I can't seem to get that to work. I'm using a work computer with Windows 7, IE9 and uploading JPG images that I took, each image is about 6Megs, I've also tried using downsized versions that are only 1M, no luck.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this to work so I can prove it's value to my company when it starts to cost. But if I can't get it to work, then there is no value.

Robert A. Glover
User: Revit, Navisworks, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Architectecture
Message 3 of 13
RC_steph
in reply to: RAndroseGlover

Hello,

Chrome is the recommended browser to use with ReCap360. Please try it out.

Thanks,
Stephane
Message 4 of 13
RAndroseGlover

I will attempt at home. My work computer has restricted administrative access and I can not install Chrome here. Thank you for the suggestion. I will update once I'm able to try at home.
Robert A. Glover
User: Revit, Navisworks, 3ds Max, AutoCAD Architectecture
Message 5 of 13
bscott58D

I have a few items that may fall under "General" cat that Id like to understand.  I've upload a project for ultra but some of the images are uploading upside down.  Does this matter and I have not run a project with both right-side up and inverted pics.  If I access those pics through Autodesk 360 (where ReCap dumps them by default) you guys have a photo editor (pretty nice btw) but those changes are not reflected in the saved 360 project folder.  If the 360 photo editor would work it sure would cut down on replacing files via re-uploading!  

Also I swear I saw an option to create a 3d model from 360 but dont see it in the project folder?!  Ill keep looking but it would be really sweet if ReCap 360 (and ReCap Pro for that matter) would reach into Autodesk 360 to run a stitch and that button was plainly visable on the ReCap 360 home page.

Message 6 of 13
claryet

Stephanie,

I tried logging out, cleaning cache in Chrome, and then logging back in but I still can't get any photos to upload. This is in Recap 360 with the drag and drop from Windows explorer. Same problem in Chrome and Firefox.

-Everett
Message 7 of 13
ReCap_Ju
in reply to: claryet

Hello Everett,

Indeed the new upload mechanism broke something here.

Your images are uploaded but not visible, please click the box and select your images from the opening file picker instead of drag and dropping pictures.

We will fix this briefly, sorry for inconvenience.
Message 8 of 13
drathak
in reply to: ReCap_Ju

Doesn't seem to be fixed yet.  Just tried this and some would upload, some would not, even after resubmitting several times.  Others uploaded but refused to display anything.  All were shot with the same device.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 9 of 13
ReCap_Ju
in reply to: drathak

Hi Drathak,

We experimented some servers issues this morning but everything is now back to normal. Maybe you tried while it was happening, we apologize for inconvenience.

We did not experiement more issues with the upload since we updated it 3 weeks ago.

You should always see 6 progress bars at the same time on the thumbnails. The real image's thumbnail can take some time to appear after the end of the upload, this is normal and does not mean your upload failed.

Of course an upload error can occur, you should then see a red text "Upload failed" on the thumbnail, the resubmit button should be working in this case to reupload your image.

Let me know if you still have troubles.

Regards

Message 10 of 13
drathak
in reply to: ReCap_Ju

@ReCap_Ju wrote:

Hi Drathak,

We experimented some servers issues this morning but everything is now back to normal. Maybe you tried while it was happening, we apologize for inconvenience.

We did not experiement more issues with the upload since we updated it 3 weeks ago.

You should always see 6 progress bars at the same time on the thumbnails. The real image's thumbnail can take some time to appear after the end of the upload, this is normal and does not mean your upload failed.

Of course an upload error can occur, you should then see a red text "Upload failed" on the thumbnail, the resubmit button should be working in this case to reupload your image.

This was maybe 15 minutes ago.  And the resubmit worked on some, but others never would upload.

Will try again shortly.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 11 of 13
drathak

Moved from my laptop to my desktop and it seems to have worked just fine this time.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 12 of 13
ReCap_Ju

Yes, sorry the problem we experimented with our servers can persist till you log out and log in again. The fact you switch computer fixed the problem. If you try it now on your laptop it should also work.

Thanks for your patience
Message 13 of 13
ronald.quiroga

I do all that you explain, but wen i tried to set points (register) and submit the project, it says to me ERROR: Problem occured while creatin the scene. in other moment give error "Device parameters not available No or incomplete exif data", but the photos are ok when are upladed to the cloud.

in other moment with chrome don´t let me to set register points...

and RITGH NOW.... HOUSTON? WE HAVE PROBLEM. YOU MAY WANT TO TRY LATER...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report