Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Photos for Geometry and Texture?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mg
Enthusiast
490 Views, 7 Replies

Different Photos for Geometry and Texture?

Is it possible to use two different sets of source photos for stitching geometry and texture generation?  A common workflow when using apps like PhotoScan is to process one set with a bit more contrast and different levels for the 3dpoint creation and another with shadowing and highlights reduced for the texture output (or things like added tracking markers painted out).  These would be based on corresponding IDENTICAL source photos so alignment would be the same.  

Thanks,
Mitch

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mason.foster
in reply to: mg

Hey Mitch,

We had this functionality available as an 'advanced tool' for awhile but it had a few issues and very few people used it. Glad to hear there's some interest though...I will discuss with the team to see what would be involved in bringing it back.

Message 3 of 8
theoutfitvfx
in reply to: mason.foster

We would also be very interested in this feature.  It is something we use often in Agisoft Photoscan and its extremely useful.  

Message 4 of 8
mason.foster
in reply to: theoutfitvfx

Awesome, thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I never noticed this feature was present in the past, while I have been usig recap from the early beta stages.

I do also would love this feature as I do still notice scanning people's skin (large skin areas) is a problem if I do not project something on it.

Message 6 of 8
mason.foster
in reply to: Anonymous

Fantastic, thanks everyone! I've got it on a short list of improvements to consider. 

Keep the suggestions coming!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Is there any progress on this? I just bought a projector to do some testing display grids on faces and that seems to work fine. Would be awesome if I can upload 2 sets of images, one for tetxure and the other for mesh generation.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

recapcompare.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report