Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interparticle gravity

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MarkAldred
378 Views, 4 Replies

interparticle gravity

Hi

I'm trying to build an N body simulation with particle flow. All particles must have correctly simulated gravity associated with them. I have a simple simulation working using a Script operator, but it's far too slow to be practical.

I think I need to be looking at MassFX. Does anybody know if it's possible to create interparticle gravity with it?

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello-

This might be possible by toggling the modifier of an object from planer to spherical.  Then change the decay to low or hight value which will influence the attractive force.  

Message 3 of 5

Hi Jonathan
Do you mean set the Gravity spacewarp as spherical? Unfortunately spacewarp gravity only acts from the pivot of the spacewarp, not individual particles.

Thanks
Mark
Message 4 of 5

have you taken a look at mP InterCollision?  

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/files/GUID-61431F17-B3C8-4BC1-9196-DD93BA91E82B....

Please let me know if that is more of what you are looking for.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks Jonathan, but I'm looking for something that can drive each particle's motion through a coeect gravity calculation without slowing everything down to a crawl.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report