Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colored crowd control

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Don_Quixote
259 Views, 0 Replies

colored crowd control

Hi,

I'm trying to tackle this with PFlow and I was hoping to get some tips on how to go about this:

I want to control a crowd that is made of characters that have basic animations. The members of the crowd will be basic colors. I want them to animate towards a shape and end up standing in the place that matches their color, based on an image of that shape.

I know how to get particles to fill an object. I saw a tutorial about getting the pixel value of an image to be taken on the particle and make the collection of particles form that image. What I want is roughly a combination of the two: particles that match an image, not just by shape but also by color, but using the original color of the particles (which would be small, basic-shape, characters).

I would prepare the images to already have the same color pallete as the characters (say, basic colors, like red-green-blue-yellow-black).

When activated in some way, the characters (say, cylinders, or spheres) would exit their idle animations and would hop to their needed position.

They would actually move from one "image" to the next.

I think would like to always use two different images with similar palettes to keep roughly the same characters in the scene. Hopefully the right quantities to avoid conflicts - like - I would strive to keep the same amount of yellow in both images so that I would start with roughly the same number of yellow characters that would work with both images.

Is this something that I can do with PFlow or would I need something more complicated like Thinking Particles, which I've never used. I would rather avoid new systems that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report