Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animated keyframe and particle flow

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
978 Views, 5 Replies

animated keyframe and particle flow

hi everybody, first of all i'm using pflowbox #2 #3.

I have a grid of box particles made with birth group from a array of boxes.I keyframe 1 boxe of the array (for example goes up then down) and I want this animation to be duplicate on all my particle so I can control wich particle play the animation with a test collision with another object for example. I haven't find a way to do this with default operator, does this require a script ? anyone have to do the same in the past ?

thx guys.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
krueger_1
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think I completely understand what you mean, can you describe it again? Maybe add some pictures for a visual?
3ds Max 2009 SP1, 2010 SP1
Maya 2012
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Dual Intel Xeon E5520, 6 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 OC
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The simple example is a cube wave, made with a single goes up then goes down back to original position animation. In the picture attached I added a rotation of 90°. the animation start when collision encounters with box gizmo. the thing is I know how to do this with force like push or attached to a surface, and a spin operator, but i need more complex animation and the easiest way to do this is by keyframe.

the second thing is that at a time all the cubes start to fly around and to turn around a sphere like a vortex of cubes. this second thing could only be done by particles.

so instead of using a script like keyshifter for shifting in time animation of objects (creating cube wave), and then swithcing to particle for making cubes fly, i prefer to do all my work in particle. So for the first part, I need to find a way to use a keyframe animation made on a single object on my particle. The things that I'll find awesome, is an operator where i can pick an object of my scene, and it will paste this object animation on my particle (obviously animation is relative to particle postion), the cherry on the sundae would be to choose the range of the object animation.

hope i'll made it clearly, thx

Message 4 of 6
krueger_1

I have a better idea now of what you want. But can you describe the animation you need for the first part? It sounds like you need a specific setup and the animation could determine how to set it up.
Maya 2012
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I don't know yet the animations I will use, i'm just starting the project. But most of them for the first part, will be simple move/scale/rotate , the goal is to make nice wave.

ok i'v just find a way to repeat a keyframe position animation with the speed by icon operator. next rotation and scale ! 🙂
Message 6 of 6
krueger_1

One way you can approach it is to use a point cache modifier on an object. After you save your cache file, you can use that object as a shape instance. And selecting Animated Shape will transfer the animation to your particles.
Maya 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report