Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

War Plane shooting smoke trail

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
hightechnie
356 Views, 0 Replies

War Plane shooting smoke trail

after attending EUE 2014 i became really exited to use Max 2014 and 2015, thanks to Eddie and Alex.

I'm a student and really want to learn as much as possible about 3ds Max and its functions.

atm i doing a little project with warplanes(FW190 and a B-17) and simulate the FW190's shooting the B-17 and make it explode and crash. but at this point i'm a bit stuck, im trying to make the shooting without FumeFX because i couldnt get the effect that i wanted. 

what im trying to make should look like this. (1:30 to 1:50)

i used Pflow for the bullets and used collision to check a hit. but i also want to make it a bit visual, the shooting. FumeFX just didnt gave me the effect i wanted, i couldn't get the smoke look good.

what i just tried to do is to make a particle emitter emit another particle system but i dont get that working. i tried to emit a bullet object with a particle system attach to it. but it only emits the bullet and not the particle system that i linked to it. 

does someone have any tips for me?

you can follow my progression on Youtube

Thanks for your help.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report