Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particles to flow to an object?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MikaViljanen
298 Views, 1 Reply

Particles to flow to an object?

Here's the situation. I need to create an animation of data flowing from cloud to different devices.

I have a model of a cloud and the 4 objects (iMac, iPad, phone and a server) below on a circle. All the objects are linked to the circle. The circle rotates so the objects will move on a circular path. The individual objects will either keep facing the camera or rotate on their own-the client has not decided on that yet.

I would need to have a steady stream of numbers flow from the the cloud to each object. With find target that was good as long as the targets didnt move. Now that they move, particles wont stay on track.

How do I get them to follow?

Max 2013
Windows Professional 7 64bit
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2600
64GB RAM
4 x 250BG SSD
2 x 2 TB HDD
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jamborine
in reply to: MikaViljanen

Hi,

Could you use a non event driven particle system and use a spline to have the system follow the path (you can then animated the path end point or constrain it to follow the objects you wish) maybe not not the best way..trouble is you would need a few systems as I think you can only use one path per system...but might get you out of a hole.

Best

Jaime

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report