Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Use Script Wiring"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
matthias.hericks
520 Views, 7 Replies

Missing "Use Script Wiring"

Hey Autodesk-Community, 

I just installed student 3DS Max 2015, which I use in my particle projects. I used Max 2014 before and everything was fine, but now I got a problem. I want to control the force of my particles with the Data Operator of Box 3. For that I have to enable "Use Script Wiring" in the right-click menue of the "force"-operator...

But I can't find it, it's not there anymore. The max-help says I can still find it in the right click menue: 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-A90C3AB5-9A6A-4E21-A461-1DB6192C5D93

But for me there is only: Insert, Append, Turn On, Turn Off, Make Unique, Wire, Copy, Paste, Paste Instance, Delet, Rename, Comments and Lay out Children - no "Use Script Wiring"...

Please help me, because I really need the Box 3 feature to control my particle force...

I really hope someone finds a way to fix this (I already reinstalled Max and a complete computer reset...)

Matthias 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: matthias.hericks

same for me. It's a bug.  Waiting for a fix... 

Message 3 of 8
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you (both) report this through the proper channel (assuming it really is a bug, of course).
http://www.autodesk.com/3dsmax-DefectSubmission

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 8

Sorry, I was on vacation for a few weeks now without an Internet-connection. I already sent a bug-report, but when can I expect an fix, because I can't work without that feature?
Message 5 of 8

I'd be considering reinstalling 2014, if it's that important, because
a) Fixes tend to be made based on the number of times a particular error is reported with the most important ones fixed first
b) They take time to fix and
c) If they're going to be issued there'll be a lot of fixes in one go (in a service pack) not individual fixes, and we just had a service pack released (on the 13th August).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 6 of 8

Hey, thank you really much for the help. Unfortunately the new Service pack did not include a bug-fix for this problem. But I contacted someone, which "Use Script Wiring" is still useable and there. I asked him to tell me the command which shows up in the MacroRecorder but we found out that just a blank line Shows up. Also in the 2014 Version of 3ds Max there is nothing in the MacroRecorder... I don't Know if this helps, but I just thought that it's good to know about that...
Message 7 of 8

I did check the ReadMe for SP2 - didn't see anything related to this. Point is that having just had an SP it could be quite a while before the next one, and of course there's no guarantee this particular issue will be fixed in time for it, if indeed there IS another SP for 2015. That's why I suggested going back to 2014 now rather than waiting and hoping.

The MacroRecorder doesn't, unfortunately, record absolutely everything you can do - this, so it would seem, is one thing which it doesn't.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 8 of 8
freedom1k
in reply to: Steve_Curley

It's Missing for me as well. 2016 is almost ready to be released. Maybe there will be a fix therein. Unfortunately I can not revert back to 2014.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report