Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass FX validated against real world Physics

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
294 Views, 2 Replies

Mass FX validated against real world Physics

I hope that I am not asking a redundant question, I apologize beforehand if I am....

Mass FX creates very convincing looking simulations-everybody here knows that-that's why we use it.  

I want to utilize this tool for forensics.  In order to do so, I need to find documentation supporting the accuracy of this physics engine.  Does this exist?  Where?  

I'm having difficulty finding any papers or documentation proving the accuracy against real world examples.  I would primarily use this tool for rigid body simulations.  Very simple in comparison to some of the advanced features offered.  But, it has to be 100% accurate or the visualization I generate can completely be thrown out as evidence.  

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find supporting documentation, papers or references that can allow me to utilize this tool?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jonathan.matthews
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, thank you for your forum posting.  I am looking into this request for you and hope to get back to you as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience.

Message 3 of 3

Hello.  Thank you for your patience.  Below is the response from our development staff:

3ds max uses approximations for representing light, geometry, color, etc,  which although may appear similar or identical to real world conditions, cannot be guaranteed to be identical. Autodesk cannot support claims that an animation or image created using 3ds max is visually accurate even if the data was extrapolated from real world records.

So as much as you would like to use MassFX for real world physics it cannot be guaranteed.  

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report