Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export SuperSpary to STL or OBJ Files

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1354 Views, 5 Replies

How to export SuperSpary to STL or OBJ Files

Hello, everyone!

I have a problem.

I used SuperSpary to make a scene with fileworks. And I need to export the pretty scene to STL or OBJ Files so that I can print it out by my 3D printer.

But I found that particle can't be exported, the particle in SuperSpary System can only be rendered to image.

Then I tried maxscript to export, but it's the same end.

Do anyone else know the solution?

There must be someway can solve, as we can see the particle model in computer screen.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

If you were using the PFlow you could use the PFlow Baker script (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/pflow-baker) to bake the particles into meshes.

Unfortunately it won't work with SuperSpray and I can't think of any alternative. Yes, not a very helpful post, apologies. I'll try and see if I can find something more useful for you.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

Thanks for your apply! I will try that these days.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

If you only need one frame of the particle system you could use the "Snapshot" function. This will allow you to make a mesh from the system which can then be exported.

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-F548BC3F-2E01-44DF-A6F...

Message 5 of 6
BenBisares

Ah, Snapshot is an excellent suggestion is you need only a single frame. Didn't think of that one 🙂

Ben Bisares
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

shame on you idiot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report