New Idea
7 Kudos

Multiple sorting view

by Active Contributor adminplm360 on ‎06-25-2013 11:24 AM

There should be an option to set more than one sorting options in the views. So first sort items by date and then by item number for example.

You have this in the report tool.

3 Kudos

Automated way to advance workflow

by cruzj on ‎06-03-2013 03:57 PM

When a user receives a notification that a workflow action is available, the user clicks on the link in the email, which goes to the Actions tab, clicks on Edit on the Item Details tab, peform the requested action, clicks on Save, then go to the Workflow Actions tab, and click the arrow in the workflow so that the workflow advances. Is there a way to offer a "Save" or "Submit" button/flag (that would automatically advance) for the user so that there are fewer clicks?

Hi Cruzj, There are two potential solutions to help minimize the clicking. 1. There is a new feature on top of the Item Details Tab - drop down selection, that allows the user to directly move the transition of the workflow in the Workflow Tab without going to the Workflow Tab. 2. Second option is to write an action script and add that to the behavior - upon edit. The action script will determine based on the number of fields completed will move through the workflow. This can be a complex process to script. My suggestions is utilizing the for option. thanks, Trung
1 Kudo

We need to control image size in a page display. Adding a width would work as long as you maintain the L:W ratio. See attached.

3 Kudos

When a user selects a workspace it returns a list of Items based on the Default View

Once an Item is selected it shows the Item Details on the right and list of Items on the Left.

Currently it is possible to hide the list of Items by clicking on icon.png and then icon2.png to show the list of Items again.

Please provide the ability to hide the Item Details to show the complete list of Items  icon2.pngicon.png

2 Kudos

Scriptable field controls (permissions)

by cruzj on ‎06-04-2013 04:07 PM
Based on a value or status of a field, the ability to take an action based on changes to a field value.

Example, moving to the next step in the workflow. In the process to create a product name, the Person A asks Person B to create a name and get it approved by Legal.
If Person B approves a product name, we would like the workflow to  automatically advance to the next stage based on the "approved" status so that there are less clicks for the user and less chance of forgetting to advance the workflow on the Workflow Actions tab.

Hi cruzj, Currently you can write actions script to move the transition of the workflow based on the input of the fields in the Item Details Tab or completion of Workflow Transition. Depending on the number of fields you want to automate, it can range from simple to highly complex. You will need to activate the action script in the behavior for both upon creation and on edit to have the scripts running with every updates in the field. If workflow, you will need to add the action script to the action script section of the transition. item.performWorkflowTransition(Transition #, "Comments"); // This is the command line for workflow transition.
2 Kudos

Our team used BOMs to create data hierarchies.

For example, Pricing has a child Offering, which has a child Release, which has a child PLC (Product Line Code).

When a user selects a BOM in Pricing, can the user see the down the relationships to Offering, Release and PLC?

2 Kudos
We use BOMs to show data hierarchies.
Example hierarchy:
  • Pricing - which is a parent of
  • Offering - which is a parent of
  • Release - which is a parent of
  • Product Line Code - which is the lowest level of child
Can we do a validation from a field in a Parent item details form to a child BOM?
The Pricing form has a field to display Product name and show some derived fields that are used in a pricing calculations. Can we ensure that somewhere down the chain of BOMs, that the same Product is added as a child? 

The validation logic may possibly only be done on a workflow transition.

2 Kudos

Form validations - client-side

by cruzj on ‎06-03-2013 04:23 PM

Form validations on the client side can save the user's time by pointing out errors in the form as they are entered or auto-populating values based on other values in another field.

An example is on a  pricing form where there some data relationships that should not be broken and internal logic would be enabled based on values the user selects. If a user selects value 1 from picklist A, then picklist B would show a different set of values than if the user selected value 2.

1 Kudo

When I scroll down to an item, and click on BOM tab or the attachement tab, when I go back to look for other info on that item. I have to start from the beggining of my BOM's list, very annoying. I would like it to go where I left off. 

If you have over 1000 parts that need a label entered, you have to go back and look for the item. It doesn't go back where you left off.  If ten parts are right next each other, I have to star from the beggingin of the BOM list and scroll down and find those parts again. When you have over 10,000 items entered in PLM, It would be nice to go back where you left off. 

When I expand the item Desriptor or any other tab, it doesn't keep the expansion of the tab I expaned it to. I have to go back and expand so I can see the other information related to that item.   

Bottle neck; your day and your job slows down 

1 Kudo

It is common for a BOM to have a wide variety of components/items associated in it (For Example Screws, Washers, Nuts, Hardware, Motors and sub-assemblies). Many would organize those components/items in more than one workspace within PLM360.

In order to mass create/update BOMs of a specific product practically, the import tool must allow access to add/remove 'child' items from other workspaces - Especially if PLM360 allows you to do it manually.

Having access to only the 'Parent' workspace in the import tool is impractical. This either results in poor item organization within the workspace when trying to make the import tool work OR results the user performing a tedious manual process.

Overall, I think the import tool is a great feature for BOMs; however it still needs to incorporate a multi-workspace functionality to serve its purpose practically.

Regards,
Amrit Singh

Hi Amrit, Currently our import tool does have the functionality to create Parent and Child relationship. Through the import tool you can import n the Part Number, Name etc... and create the Hierarchy BOM, Level BOM, or Parent Child BOM. Please refer to the link for instructions. http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-D887D527-2187-4210-B04B-33745853E112

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey