New Idea
11 Kudos
piggeej

More robust editor for Advance Print View

by Product Support piggeej on ‎04-17-2014 09:53 AM

It would be great and useful to have a more robust Advance Print view edtior, that included Tabs for full html editing, along with an attached CSS editor.

Example:

Tab one: current editor with ablity to add elements 

Tab two: Full html editor

Tab three: CSS editor

Tab four: Preview of edits not based on dmsID for layout views (color background etc...)

Hi piggeej, We appreciate you submitting your ideas and suggestions to us. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
10 Kudos
dkeeley

Project Management Improvements

by Mentor on ‎04-10-2014 03:26 PM

Hi,

I feel there is a need for significant improvements to the project management tab. I have been using it for a while and I have a number of issues. Many of them have bee reported here already (e.g. ability to add columns). However there are some fundamental changes required to make this tab useful for managing anything other than simple projects. Some other issues are;

- it is essential that reports can be run on projects

- milestone dates must be able to be changed and modified through the project UI (regardless of whether they are linked tasks or not)

- milestones and milestone status should be visible in the gantt chart

- Selectable colours

- etc etc etc

I'm a huge advocate of PLM 360 but currently the PM tab is letting it down. I've used another web based project management system before that I think you guys should have a look at. Please PM me for the URL if you're interested.

Regards,

David.

Hi David, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea to us. We will add to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
3 Kudos
michael

Email an attachment directly from attachment tab

by michael ‎05-23-2014 12:18 PM - edited ‎05-23-2014 12:18 PM

It would be very helpful if there was a way to email an attachment directly from the attachment tab.  Currently you need to download the file to your local drive and then email it.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi michael, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this request. We will add this to your feature list. Thank you, Trung
6 Kudos

We need the ability to import and export javascripts (condition, validation, library etc.) directly from a PLM tenant instead of copying it manually into a notepad.

This is a good feature and will be helpful in deploying codes in multiple environments.

Also a revision control (software configuration management) on these javascript will be a great addition.

Thanks,

Deepak

3 Kudos

Looking for the ability to deliver content (Blog, Announcements, Reports etc) for users on their home page.  Perhaps a section that is admin controlled and can be filled with mutliple types of content.  Could fit in with the social concepts kicked around, however then it would require the Admins being able to set users to follow this content.  We are facing the issue of keeping a lasting place of issue resolutions, announcements, and updates for our users inside of PLM 360.  We could do it through email or in a workspace, but both lack to this would be visibility upon opening PLM 360.   

Hi Matt, This is a good idea. We will add this to our feature list. Thanks, Trung
26 Kudos
Asingh5

Allow Preview of the Attached File but Restrict Download

by Contributor Asingh5 ‎05-31-2013 10:52 AM - edited ‎05-31-2013 10:59 AM

Currently any attachment that is uploaded on PLM360 for a specific item can be downloaded from a user if the correct permission is granted.

If it was possible for a user to only have the preview functionality in the attachment tab permissible, that would be very beneficial in regards to security. This would allow users the access to view the attachment without having the threat of intellectual property being distributed.

Below is an image of the attachments tab. If the links circled below were removed or hidden, that would provide a suitable solution were the user wouldn’t be able to download the attachment.

Also if it were possible to view a larger preview of the attachment, that would enhance the user experience.

plm.png

5 Kudos
j.hendrickson

Export Workspace View

by Valued Contributor j.hendrickson on ‎03-05-2014 08:49 AM

I would like the ability to export the data from a workspace view rather than having to create a report first.  Second best would be to be able to create reports that mirror workspace views (maybe even keep them linked so that a linked report always matches a particular view).

Thanks.

Hi J, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
1 Kudo
rjohnson

Item Permissions

by rjohnson on ‎05-27-2014 02:26 PM

There are three workspace permissions to view items, historical releases and working versions.  They work together as below.

It would be better if there was a way to limit users to only see the latest release and also working versions.  We'd like to prevent users from getting older releases and yet still be able to edit working versions while creating new documents.  This could be accomplished if "View Historical Releases" and "View Working Versions" were independent instead of working together.

View Items

View Historical Release

View Working Versions

Can see the current version

X

Can see the current version, and old versions

X

X

Can see the current version, old versions, and the working version

X

X

X

Hi rjohnson, We appreciate you submitting this idea. This is an interesting request. We will add this to our feature list. thank you, Trung
22 Kudos
obourne

Run Script by Push Button

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎02-21-2013 01:55 PM

I'd like the ability to run a script by pushing abutton in the workspace item and not have to rely upon a state transition to do so. There are times where I want to create an item but use data from an existing item (the one I'm in at that time) and then link them together via the relationships tab. I want to do this without a state change (because state change would not be needed to simply link to items). I realize I can change behaviors to run a script upon creation that could do much of the same. It just makes sense to NOT to have to navigate away from where I'm at and then remeber what I want to link to. I'm all about automation.

2 Kudos
RBocox

Do you want to save?

by Contributor RBocox on ‎03-18-2014 11:46 AM

I noticed that when you exit out of a file, the system does not ask DO YOU WANT TO SAVE?

This feature is available on most systems and helps to eliminate the possibility of losing all the valued information you may have already entered.

The current system just closes and Oh Well!

Would be nice to have this feature.

If you mistakenly hit cancel it would be nice to be prompted to a popup of Are you sure you want to cancel without saving?

Hi Rbocox, We appreciate you submitting this idea. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey