New Idea
4 Kudos

Hello,

it would be very useful to be able to clone existing reports one has created or clone reports other users have created.

Today we can't see how other users have created reports. Sometimes it is just easy to modify a report that somebody else has created.

Thank you

5 Kudos
dnaugle

Report Folders

by dnaugle on ‎06-18-2014 12:42 PM

The ability to move reports into a folder structure that could then be shared or made public would be helpful.

As the number of shared reports grows it can become tedious to find the one you are looking for.

If we had the ability to group reports into a folder (say by type or department) it would really help the user interface.

Thanks!

Dan Naugle

3 Kudos

Is there a chance that the same ability to move multiple dates out at the same time that is found in the milestones tab, can be replicated in the Project Management tab? With the complex way we are using PLM360 to support project management we cannot utilize the milestones tab.

That said we really like the ability to move multiple task dates out without having to change them one by one.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Dan Naugle

2 Kudos
ravidalli

Workflow version control, Export and Import

by ravidalli on ‎06-12-2014 03:30 PM

Hi,

It would be very helpful to have following workflow features:

1) Export a workflow from one enviornment to Import to Other.

2) It would be nice to have export and import done with all dependencies like Permissions, scripts etc. if not then Import shall display messages for missing dependencies and allow import only if all dependencies are in place. Like the permissions, roles and scripts.

Also on the workflow summary there should be an option(button) for complete information where each Transistion information including Condition script, Validation Script, Action Script, all other selectable options along with Escalation setup.

This would give user to copy this information and version control/document it. Also it can be compared against other enviornment setup.

As of today it is very easy to miss a setting when you are copying your workflow from Dev to Prod.

Regards,

Ravi Dalli

1 Kudo

I've run into a problem where I created a "Basic Workspace with workflow" but did not immediately define any workflow.  I'm now 100 records into using the workspace and ready to define a workflow.  But I've learned that any workflow I add will only apply to new records, not be retroactive to pre-workflow ones.  This is counterintuitive as changes to workflows immediately apply to all records regardless of when they were created.  I consider "adding" a workflow to be a "change" and should also apply to all records.  Now I have some records with workflow and some without... in the same workspace.

My suggestion is that when a “Basic Workspace with workflow” is created it is pre-populated with at least one default state.  This will make it clear when creating records that the workspace is intended to have a workflow and to make it possible to fully define the workflow later on.

Thanks for the great product.

Joe Hendrickson

0 Kudos
julie.labrecque

Add help window on fields (NetSuite-like...)

by julie.labrecque ‎07-10-2014 06:48 AM - edited ‎07-10-2014 07:03 AM

One very interesting feature from NetSuite is the Field Help. Every field within every form/record is clickable and triggers a small pop up with a short help outline or instructions on how to access/modify. This field help can be configured by the admin for custom fields.

It would be great to add the capability to specify help and instructions on PLM 360 fields and would even allow clients to implement their processes within their workspaces and forms.

Thanks!

Julie Labrecque
ERP Guru

0 Kudos
jonas.andersson

Importing workflow states in PLM360

by Contributor jonas.andersson on ‎07-08-2014 02:16 AM

Hi, I need to be able to import the workflow state for an item when tansferring my excel based processes into PLM360. 

I want to keep my historical data at the same time as I don't want to manually update the workflow states of all my items.

Kind regards,

Jonas

0 Kudos

Streamline the process for setting up administrator rights including better documentation regarding the Administration [SYSTEM] group and the workspace-agnostic Special Permissions (Administer Users, Setup Administration, and Share Reports).  It took me a while to figure out exactly what gives users administrator rights, and I'm still not exactly sure what the pros/cons of the system-protected group is vs using those workspace permissions.  It's confusing and illogical to include the administrator permissions in the workspace roles.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dnaugle

Visiable Item Status in PM tab edit

by dnaugle on ‎06-13-2014 05:28 AM

It would be helpful to be able to see the status of an item when editing in the project management tab.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

In Advance Print View allow for tiered viewing option for Program management timeline.

Currently the timeline only shows the top tier value.

It would be great if the element allowed for a switch to say how many “levels / tiers” down should be also show.

It would be Awesome, if at the time of printing a prompt could be added to ask how many tiers one wanted to show for the print out.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey