New Idea
9 Kudos
dnaugle

Report Folders

by dnaugle on ‎06-18-2014 12:42 PM

The ability to move reports into a folder structure that could then be shared or made public would be helpful.

As the number of shared reports grows it can become tedious to find the one you are looking for.

If we had the ability to group reports into a folder (say by type or department) it would really help the user interface.

Thanks!

Dan Naugle

5 Kudos
j.hendrickson

Export Workspace View

by Valued Contributor j.hendrickson on ‎03-05-2014 08:49 AM

I would like the ability to export the data from a workspace view rather than having to create a report first.  Second best would be to be able to create reports that mirror workspace views (maybe even keep them linked so that a linked report always matches a particular view).

Thanks.

Hi J, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea. We will add this to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
4 Kudos
piggeej

Reports and Advanced print views.

by Product Support on ‎01-28-2014 08:29 AM

It would be great if we could:

Have the ability to choose a report as an element (in advance print view) and then have it embedded in the email sent out.

and/or

Choosing a report and the file type of the attachment, and have that sent out with the advance print view.

Hi piggeej, We appreciate your inputs. The idea sounds good, and we will add to our feature list. Thanks, Trung
2 Kudos

In my past experience I utilized a product very similar to PLM360 called Gael Q-Pulse.

In this system you were able to drill down any of the features by simply right mouse clicking on the chart or graph which would have options to drill down deeper.

For instance, I currently have a chart that depicts my customer complaints by defects. If I want to see what specific details are related to my top defect, I either have to create another chart or go to the customer complaints and then FIND the complaints related to the subject defect. One of these issues is that it querries the data-base for all related or defects that have the spacific word in it and may not pertain to the top defect that I am searching for.

In the system I have utilized before, allowed for a simple right mouse click with options to review the related documents or complaints that only relate to the specific bar or pie section ia am drilling down. The options were limited to what sections or fields that I have in my overview. Each drill down would also be able to drill down even further and so on. The data is there, but just needs to be created.

I generate a lot of reports and need to be able to respond to my managers the details without having to generate extensive searches etc.

This would be a great feature for all users.

Hi Rbocox, We appreciate you sharing your ideas and suggestions. We will add this to our feature list. Thanks, Trung
2 Kudos

The ability to create a report that mines data from multiple workspaces would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Kudo
RBocox

My dashboard - Graph display

by Contributor RBocox on ‎03-27-2014 11:07 AM

I am getting pretty proficient in the charting process and have several charts in my dashboard that I use every day for tracking & reporting purposes.

The problem I have is any minor change I make in the reports section, it deletes the chart from my dashboard and I have to once again add the chart back into my dashboard. "frustrating"

I recently created multiple charts and made sure that they were working properly before publishing them and had them on mty dashboard. When I simply went into the reports and changed the report from a private to public report is once again deleted it from my dashboard even though the content didn't change. This of course happens when you make any ajdustment such as change a date or chart type as well.

Why does it delete the chart from my dashboard? This is a very frustrating problem as I have multiple charts that now I have to re-upload into my dashboard and is an ongoing issue.

The system does not seem to actually be linking the reports data base to the dashboard and appears to simply be a snapshot. Refreshing the dashhboard does not update the chart as changed in the reports tab since it no longer exists in the dashboard.

I would like to suggest that this link to the reports and dashboard be actually linked. The title fields are the same and therefore the chart is getting the data from the same location. As you refresh the dashboard, it should identify those changes and simply udate the chart in the dashboard accordingly rather than seeing it as a brand new chart deleating the old chart and then haveing to bring in again.

Thank you!

Hi RBocox, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this request. We will review it and add to your future enhancement list. Thank you, Trung
8 Kudos
ACapuzzo

A new report type for Planners

by ACapuzzo on ‎09-19-2012 09:11 AM

Both for Service Requests and Sales Meetings planning would be usefull to have a kid of report called

something like Planning report showing Dates on columns(for visits, meeting, events, etc) and being able to select another field for rows and cell contents.

It would be something like what MS Excel calls Pivot Tables.
I understand it may be not trivial to develop but, from the management point of view, the applications would be many.
Time management is an high priority issue for all.

For instance, think about a report with dates in columns titles, technicians names on rows titles and the the scheduled customer's name, with contact's phone number and Service Request descriptions inside the cells.

I too like this idea... I think to build on this, we should expand the reporting engine to allow for lots more configuration. The hopper is always full, but I'd like to have enhancements to the reporting engine to be a focus point for us in the future. I would love to hear more ideas/thoughts, images, of the types of reporting capability folks would like to see.
3 Kudos
Our product data and processes are very dependent on effectivity dates. We need to be able to deliver effectivity dates for data downstream for integration with other systems and reporting.

We already have this on our feature list.
4 Kudos
Asingh5

Formatting with Reports on PLM360

by Contributor Asingh5 ‎03-01-2013 07:12 AM - edited ‎03-01-2013 07:33 AM

Currently when generating a report, PLM360 provides a plain excel output which is not very practical dealing with a large amount of information for over 1000 items.

When exporting the report to Excel, the report should be formatted similarly as the HTML version.

Below are some features to make reports on PLM more practical. 

• Freeze Panes - Top Row
  • Filters on column headings
  • Bordering lines to show column separation
  • Colored rows

To illustrate and example of what I mean...

Example.png

This is how a regular excel exported report looks.        This is how it should ideally look.

2 Kudos

In PLM360, the history of an item is available through a change log, however, the change log is not available through the API for each record in order to enable historical reporting on the actions for an item.

Use Case: changes to Product Name as it moves from temporary to legal versions.

Previously we had problems with product name changes over time because we were communicating to customers about products they didn’t buy.

Possible workarounds:

We could write on every transaction into the ODS

For Ad hoc we could clone records into another workspace and store them for a historical view

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey