PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
New Idea
3 Kudos

Hi,

It would be very helpful to have following workflow features:

1) Export a workflow from one enviornment to Import to Other.

2) It would be nice to have export and import done with all dependencies like Permissions, scripts etc. if not then Import shall display messages for missing dependencies and allow import only if all dependencies are in place. Like the permissions, roles and scripts.

Also on the workflow summary there should be an option(button) for complete information where each Transistion information including Condition script, Validation Script, Action Script, all other selectable options along with Escalation setup.

This would give user to copy this information and version control/document it. Also it can be compared against other enviornment setup.

As of today it is very easy to miss a setting when you are copying your workflow from Dev to Prod.

Regards,

Ravi Dalli

8 Kudos

After having become more familar with PLM it appears to me that the BOM handling across workspaces are lacking.

I like the idea of having multiple workspaces because it allows me to collect different information for different types of items. 

But I have come to the conclusion that this is simply not viable at this point, because:

1) PLM does not support BOM import when it references items in other workspaces. (It is possible manually)

2) Even if I did add them all manually, I cannot create a BOM view that includes my custom fields from other workspaces because the BOM view can only see the Descriptor field from other workspaces.

The result of this is that I have to put everything in a common workspace have have to clutter up the item details with a lot of fields that does not apply.

Proposed improvement

1) Include cross-workspace BOM import

2) More configurale BOM view, where I can specify the FIELDNAME (could be free text) for each column. If the FIELDNAME does not exist for a specific item/WS on the BOM, just leave it blank. For example: If I am referencing 3 different workspaces in a BOM and 2 of them has a field called PART_NUMBER, I would expect the value to be inserted if available, otherwise left blank/null.

Hello plmadmin, We appreciate your submission, and we will add this to our future enhancement list. thanks, Trung
13 Kudos
Asingh5

Allow a BULK IMPORT of Attachments

by Contributor Asingh5 on ‎11-05-2012 08:15 AM

It is highly tedious and annoying to attach a pdf or a dwg file to a list of items in a workspace. Having the ability to bulk upload attachments to specific items in a workspace would be ideal for mass drawing updates or file updates.

One solution would be importing a zip file of the attaching files and an excel file that would have the item descriptor in one column and the corresponding file name in the other column. 

6 Kudos
james.n.tennent

Import excel into grid tab

by james.n.tennent on ‎04-28-2013 12:03 AM

Need to be able to import data into grid tab.

This could be done in the same way that the items and boms is imported into

I don't know of any way to import large amounts of data into the grid tab currently which is restrictive

Thanks again

James

Hi James, This is a good request. Many customers have requested this feature. We already have it on our feature list. thanks, Trung
7 Kudos
jonas.andersson

Desktop folders

by Contributor jonas.andersson on ‎02-13-2013 03:45 AM

A function where a "desktop folder" can be added inorder to add/view documents from the desktop/finder directly into PLM360. The folder to be added should be connected to a certain workspace, where the user can chose which workspaces should be able to "share" information. 

The folder should be a direct connection through the username and password from the user, where permissions should be added depending on what role the user has.

Similar to dropbox, but with the added finess of PLM360.

Kind regards,

Jonas

Jonas, interest idea. I don't think is something we'll address right away, but let's come back to this in the future
5 Kudos
Asingh5

Allow bulk Import into Multiple Selection Picklists

by Contributor Asingh5 ‎11-14-2012 10:52 AM - edited ‎11-14-2012 10:53 AM

When using the import tool, performing a bulk import of values into a "single selection" linking picklist is possible. Unfortunately I cannot select a "Multiple Selection" linking picklist it in my import to do the same thing.

This feature is very important for our company since it would allow us to show our linked product items in one specific field, as opposed to having multiple "single selection picklists"--which doesn’t make a clean visual. 

The data I have is in a excel format. With over thousands of entries, having the import tool to bulk import the linking picklist values in the multiple selection picklists would allow me to provide my tenant with the information it needs efficiently and visually appealing.

import.png

Comma delimited values can now be imported into multi-select pick lists! See the PLM 360 "What's New in PLM 360" page for more details on the June 2013 release.
4 Kudos
dkeeley

Call scripts at import

by Mentor on ‎10-04-2012 04:28 PM

Hi,

It would be a useful addition if scripts could be called when performing imports. 

Thanks,

David. 

1 Kudo
dsl145

Static BOM import from separate workspace

by dsl145 on ‎11-14-2013 09:23 AM

I've got a situation where we have imported a large amount of Heirarchy items from Autodesk Vault and we need to link a an assembly of items to a specific repair.

If we were able to import a static snap shot of the assembly of items and then be able to assign a QTY New to some of the items.

Hi DSL145, I'm not understand your request. Please elaborate and provide additional information. thanks, Trung
4 Kudos
jared.sund

Mass Deletes from the Import Tool

by Employee ‎06-22-2012 01:21 PM - edited ‎06-22-2012 01:22 PM

If a user imports a large number of new items (not BOM items) and realizes a mistake has been made. Now the user has to delete all these item through the UI, which is very painful. The user would like to perform a mass delete with a list of specific items.

It would be nice for the user to use the existing match functionality in the import tool, with the option to delete existing records on match.

3 Kudos
rpicinic

Upload images via iPhone/iPad

by rpicinic on ‎07-19-2012 07:12 AM

Would love to have an easy way to upload images via the iPhone/iPad for a workspace created for say.... construction site inspections

or say a scanned image of receipts for expense reports through the iPhone/iPad.

I can think of a couple more ideas of why this would be great addition.

Mobile strategy is a topic we are constantly discussing. Uploading, and access to other mobile hardware is key in this area! Uploading it critical here, so let me move this to accepted.
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey