It would be very helpful to have following workflow features:
1) Export a workflow from one enviornment to Import to Other.
2) It would be nice to have export and import done with all dependencies like Permissions, scripts etc. if not then Import shall display messages for missing dependencies and allow import only if all dependencies are in place. Like the permissions, roles and scripts.
Also on the workflow summary there should be an option(button) for complete information where each Transistion information including Condition script, Validation Script, Action Script, all other selectable options along with Escalation setup.
This would give user to copy this information and version control/document it. Also it can be compared against other enviornment setup.
As of today it is very easy to miss a setting when you are copying your workflow from Dev to Prod.
After having become more familar with PLM it appears to me that the BOM handling across workspaces are lacking.
I like the idea of having multiple workspaces because it allows me to collect different information for different types of items.
But I have come to the conclusion that this is simply not viable at this point, because:
1) PLM does not support BOM import when it references items in other workspaces. (It is possible manually)
2) Even if I did add them all manually, I cannot create a BOM view that includes my custom fields from other workspaces because the BOM view can only see the Descriptor field from other workspaces.
The result of this is that I have to put everything in a common workspace have have to clutter up the item details with a lot of fields that does not apply.
1) Include cross-workspace BOM import
2) More configurale BOM view, where I can specify the FIELDNAME (could be free text) for each column. If the FIELDNAME does not exist for a specific item/WS on the BOM, just leave it blank. For example: If I am referencing 3 different workspaces in a BOM and 2 of them has a field called PART_NUMBER, I would expect the value to be inserted if available, otherwise left blank/null.
It is highly tedious and annoying to attach a pdf or a dwg file to a list of items in a workspace. Having the ability to bulk upload attachments to specific items in a workspace would be ideal for mass drawing updates or file updates.
One solution would be importing a zip file of the attaching files and an excel file that would have the item descriptor in one column and the corresponding file name in the other column.
A function where a "desktop folder" can be added inorder to add/view documents from the desktop/finder directly into PLM360. The folder to be added should be connected to a certain workspace, where the user can chose which workspaces should be able to "share" information.
The folder should be a direct connection through the username and password from the user, where permissions should be added depending on what role the user has.
Similar to dropbox, but with the added finess of PLM360.
byAsingh511-14-201210:52 AM - edited 11-14-201210:53 AM
When using the import tool, performing a bulk import of values into a "single selection" linking picklist is possible. Unfortunately I cannot select a "Multiple Selection" linking picklist it in my import to do the same thing.
This feature is very important for our company since it would allow us to show our linked product items in one specific field, as opposed to having multiple "single selection picklists"--which doesn’t make a clean visual.
The data I have is in a excel format. With over thousands of entries, having the import tool to bulk import the linking picklist values in the multiple selection picklists would allow me to provide my tenant with the information it needs efficiently and visually appealing.
If a user imports a large number of new items (not BOM items) and realizes a mistake has been made. Now the user has to delete all these item through the UI, which is very painful. The user would like to perform a mass delete with a list of specific items.
It would be nice for the user to use the existing match functionality in the import tool, with the option to delete existing records on match.