PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
2 Kudos
Brausmith

Workspace Field - Required *

by Distinguished Contributor Brausmith ‎08-29-2012 02:20 AM - edited ‎08-29-2012 02:21 AM

Description

When browsing the field list in a workspace or on the grid view it is hard to determine whether a field is a 'required' field. I personally find this particular parameter for a field as an important one to identify quickly.

Impact

Not having this simple enhancement, makes the checking process of required fields a little longer by then having to enter the field editing view to determine it's required state.

Severity

Low

Solution

Simply add * to the fields in the field list in the same way as they are seen to the end user.

required.png

I saw a mock-up today from a member of the UX team that displayed just what you're requesting here. These mock-ups are just off the presses, but we should look for this down the road a bit!
Comments
by Employee jared.sund on ‎08-29-2012 07:50 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
I saw a mock-up today from a member of the UX team that displayed just what you're requesting here. These mock-ups are just off the presses, but we should look for this down the road a bit!
by Distinguished Contributor Brausmith on ‎08-30-2012 05:37 AM

Cool, good to hear that. :smileyvery-happy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey