cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to the Email Object for better workflow communications

Updates to the Email Object for better workflow communications

I have two enhancements that would greatly improve our workflow communications using the email scripting object

Currently the Email scripting object has only three properties (To, Subject & Body)

It would be great to add an Attachment property most likely an array that could be populated via the script from workspace references to attachements in the system. - Great use would be to allow transmittal of pdf files to a supplier in an RFQ workflow.

Second (and not sure if this is possible) - allow for a default return email address (such as a company generic email address) to be the From address rather than the NoReplyAutodesk address.  This would only be used by Script generated emails - the standard workflow email should remain as is. You could define this address in one of two ways.

1. Setup in Admin a company default address that can be read via scripting

2. Get the user email address from the user information at the time the script is executed

BD

3 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

jdow
Advocate

I would also like to see this not be just "noreply@????", but configurable (at least by scripting) to be any email address we specify.

I have a use case in which an on-demand email script is run for a record and sends to a user and I'd like for that user to be able to respond to the email directly back to the sender.

Thanks, 

John Dow

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report