PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
3 Kudos
DonovanJr

UI Enhancement - Fixed Tabs

by Active Contributor DonovanJr on ‎12-03-2012 11:49 AM

It would be helpful for all workspaces when displaying a detail record that the Item header and tabs and any available buttons (edit, save/cancel) remain fixed at the top of the screen when you have to scroll down to access or view the detail information on the record.

Below is a screenshot for reference

Fixed Tabs

This is interesting idea. My concern here is that the scrollable view area becomes quite small on some screen resolutions if this was implemented. While this is a good idea, I’m going bench this one for a while. We’re continuously looking at ways to make the UI more usable. One of the areas of UX we’ve been looking at is keeping controls in-front of the user. I’ll make sure this is in the list of ideas for our UX team.
Comments
by Employee on ‎01-27-2013 08:26 PM
Status changed to: Future Consideration
This is interesting idea. My concern here is that the scrollable view area becomes quite small on some screen resolutions if this was implemented. While this is a good idea, I’m going bench this one for a while. We’re continuously looking at ways to make the UI more usable. One of the areas of UX we’ve been looking at is keeping controls in-front of the user. I’ll make sure this is in the list of ideas for our UX team.
by dnaugle on ‎11-13-2013 12:11 PM

I too would like an improvement here but I realize the issue with space.

Perhaps a floating "save" and "cancel" button that is always in view at the top right of the scrolling screen?

(I am sure I have seen this with annoying pop-up advertisements on websites, could we copy the idea?)

Thanks!

by dnaugle on ‎11-13-2013 12:16 PM

Speaking of scrolling...

Under the Security and Workspace editor pages would it be possible to have the following function:

When I save and close a screen where I have made changes the default is to return me to the top of the page list each time. Is it possible to revert me back to the specific workspace or role that I was just working on?

I often work on several workspaces or roles that occur in the same general place within the page listing and having to scroll back down from the top each time gets old.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey