cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Enhancement - Fixed Tabs

UI Enhancement - Fixed Tabs

It would be helpful for all workspaces when displaying a detail record that the Item header and tabs and any available buttons (edit, save/cancel) remain fixed at the top of the screen when you have to scroll down to access or view the detail information on the record.

Below is a screenshot for reference

Fixed Tabs

5 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
This is interesting idea. My concern here is that the scrollable view area becomes quite small on some screen resolutions if this was implemented. While this is a good idea, I’m going bench this one for a while. We’re continuously looking at ways to make the UI more usable. One of the areas of UX we’ve been looking at is keeping controls in-front of the user. I’ll make sure this is in the list of ideas for our UX team.
dnaugle
Enthusiast

I too would like an improvement here but I realize the issue with space.

Perhaps a floating "save" and "cancel" button that is always in view at the top right of the scrolling screen?

(I am sure I have seen this with annoying pop-up advertisements on websites, could we copy the idea?)

Thanks!

dnaugle
Enthusiast

Speaking of scrolling...

Under the Security and Workspace editor pages would it be possible to have the following function:

When I save and close a screen where I have made changes the default is to return me to the top of the page list each time. Is it possible to revert me back to the specific workspace or role that I was just working on?

I often work on several workspaces or roles that occur in the same general place within the page listing and having to scroll back down from the top each time gets old.

Thanks

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report