cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline Formatting

Timeline Formatting

Hi,

In Project Management it would be very useful if the Timeline could be formatted (configured) to do the following;

- Display the timeline by day, week or month depending on users's requirement

- Add a scroll bar to scroll through the project if required (i.e. if a project is running for a year but the timeline is displayed in days then the user would need to be able to scroll through the timeline horizontally)

- Add an option to display certain days (e.g. weekends or organisation holidays) as greyed out

- Change the 'light grey on white' colour scheme to something more high contrast

- Make it easier to print a copy of the Gantt chart

Thanks,

David

4 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
This is a good idea. We will add to our feature list. thanks, Trung
benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

devai_richard
Explorer

Hi @benderk@nguyentru and @dkeeley,

I am using for a couple of weeks the software with updates to learn about it, so I am not aware of the old design, but these features in my opinion are missing. Based on my personal prefenece the Gannt like screen would be the most important. If there would be a small triangle icon when you click on the timeline it would be great if it could open up and visualize the dependencies of all sub components in 2D.

It might be also a usefull information who created a given element and how it was changed by the time, like in a source controll tool. I don't collaborate with others, however viewing the software through the glass of a developer and these are features in version control systems normally available and improve understanding of the timeline even if some changes might delete a part of the history in case items are removed. Sometimes I need to change a couple of parameter values, like a parameter of extrude and I need to remember all previous values if I need them. Also a move and rotate doesn't seem to persist parameters at all. I am not sure why is this, this is not strictly timeline related hovewer, but has some connections with the same topic.

The one dimesion based timeline looks really nice, but it feels a bit limited even if a 2D version wouldn't give a real semantic improvement on its own, with extra informations maybe it would worth thinging about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report