2 Kudos

Tenant Administration

by Employee john.stewart on ‎11-06-2012 04:48 PM

Ability for a Tenant Administrator to lock all User accounts from access to a tenant. 

Allows Tenant Administrators create a Maintenance window to run imports/updates/reports etc with the knowledge that no tenant users are connected to the Tenant.

Also support presenting a Message similar to the Autodesk Maintenance window

Ability to select all Active Accounts and set to Locked Out status

Comments
by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎11-15-2012 03:51 PM

I like and support this idea....but for a different purpose.

At my company a large number of employees are actually contractors. Our company policy is that contractors can only access business systems during busness hours. With 360 they would have access at all hours.

by Employee jared.sund on ‎01-27-2013 08:47 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
John, interesting idea. Could you provide a use case or two on some administrative tasks where you'd want to lock all users out of the system?
by Employee jared.sund on ‎01-27-2013 08:47 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
John, interesting idea. Could you provide a use case or two on some administrative tasks where you'd want to lock all users out of the system?
by Employee john.stewart on ‎02-10-2013 12:57 AM

Typically use case is related to new and modifying scripts and not wanting a user to execute the script before it is fully implemented.

I suspect the best practise around this would be cloning a workspace and the scripts in order to fully test the new enhancements and then cutting and pasting the new script into the production workspace.

In place script modification can be dangerous, so I was thinking of locking out all normal users while this is happening.

John

by Employee jared.sund on ‎04-14-2013 10:22 AM
Status changed to: Accepted

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey