cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Columns for Filtered Views

Static Columns for Filtered Views

Hi All,

Would love it if we could define column widths for filtered views so they don't always auto-size to equal widths.  Usually I am interested in the Item Descriptor (typically the longest), then remaining columns, which might have much less information in them.  However the auto-spacing nature of the view usually results in a curtailed view of the item descriptor and excess space for other columns!  Perhaps  in the dialog box for setting up custom views you could provide for each column a field for percentage width (total must be 100% of course).  

Alternatively, if I adjust the column widths manually, I really want them to stay there until I move them again.  Instead, when I refresh the screen they auto-size again to equal widths.  Frustrating!

Thanks for your consideration.

4 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni

Hi Ty,

I am sorry that you are little frustrated with the column widths.  I will add the request to our future enhancement list.

In the meantime, you can set the column widths accordingly with Chrome and IE without them re-spacing again.

I have set my column width - I log out and log back in and the columns remain the same as I originally set it.

I also tried to move from workspaces to workspaces and the column remains the same.

The column will reset itself - when you click on the record and click on the arrow on the top left hand corner next to the workspace Name.

Please try using Chrome or IE to set the column widths to your specifications.

thanks,

Trung

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report