cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small improvement to adding date defined items to the Project Management tab

Small improvement to adding date defined items to the Project Management tab

I was experimenting with adding items to the Project Management tab and having added a start date, I moved to adding finish dates.  It would enhance the usability, reduce errors and save time if the calendar interface for the finish date started with the start date (or at least the month of the start date) so you can then pick from there. It isn't a problem if the start date is today or in the near future, but if the start date is not for a couple of months, then it would just save having to click through ahead a month or 2,3 4 etc from the calendar which currently comes up with today's date as default.  

There is a validation check to stop you being able to save a task as ending before it has begun, but obviously that then takes more time to correct, which could have been avoided if the calendar steered things this way to start with.

Thanks!

Fiona

5 Comments
j.stewart
Autodesk

Yes I agree, it would be great to have the end date  present the same month as the selected start date. It is easily to select a end date that is before the start date

nguyentru
Alumni

Hi Fiona,

We appreciate you submit this request.  This is a very interesting request regarding having a validation to prevent stop date to be after the start date.

We will review your request and add to our future enhancement list.

Thanks,

Trung

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report