cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection required on a filtered pick list

Selection required on a filtered pick list

Hi,

I posted a question about how to get the "Selection required" validation on a filtered pick list field. As I didn't get any suggestions this might be a feature that's missing. The original forum post is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/PLM-360-General/Selection-required-on-a-filtered-picklist/td-p/4905344

4 Comments
rjohnson
Enthusiast

This is an absolute must for us.  We have scripts that rely on the selection of these fields, but since I cannot make it required, sometimes users don't select a value and then the script fails.  Please make the "required" validation an option for this field type.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi Kenneberg, We appreciate you submitting your idea to the Idea Station. We have added this request to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
BiggePLM
Advocate

Agree with all the users that have posted on this.

This feature is a must for the same reason. We utilize filtered picklists to help assign the correct sequencer for our part numbering. Works great as long as you are creating the item in the workspace.

But if you choose to create the item from say the managed items tab of another workspace - the filtered picklist fields are not available because they are not required.

If making the picklist fields required is not possible and alternative would be a check box similar to the visible on preview could be used to allow the fields to be available during create from managed items.

BD

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

He have implemented this feature - May 2015 Release.

Please check out the Help - Release Notes

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-E1E51C78-9942-4082-BCA2-088F3B080DB0

Thank you,

Trung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report