cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select all items in the list when adding items to Managed Items

Select all items in the list when adding items to Managed Items

After searching, I have not seen a similar request to this one; so am adding it here now.

We would like to see there be a way to select all the items in the list when adding items to Managed Items. There can be from 30 to hundreds of items that match a given mask and which are to be added as Managed Items. Clicking on the 'Select' checkbox for all of them would take too much time, and would lead to user frustration and the possibility of missing desired items.

For an example with four items, see screenshot.

901C SER.jpg

4 Comments
j.hendrickson
Advocate

Sara, did you know that you can use shift-click to select multiple lines on this screen?  I just found this in the User's Guide yesterday:

• Tip: To select a group of items listed in sequence, click the first item, press and hold down the Shift key, and then click the last item. To select a group of items that are not in sequence, press and hold down the Ctrl key, and then click each item that you want to select. To clear a selected item, click the item again.

joe

sara.murray
Contributor

Thanks for the response; I had tried that before and it does not work in the case of Managed Items. I notice that in the Help it lists the tip for multiple areas, but not the area of adding Managed Items!

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi Sara, We appreciate you submitting this idea. We will add this to our feature list. thank you, Trung
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello - 

This feature is implemented in Modern using Add Related Items (you can filter by children and versions).  If you have further feedback on this feature, please create a new idea.

Thank you,

Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report