cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML support for Single sign-on

SAML support for Single sign-on

We have recently implemented Okta identity management (www.okta.com) and it has been very successful in not only helping to provision/deprovision access to our cloud apps centrally but has also helped drive adoption and usage of those apps.

Adding SAML 2.0 support to Autodesk PLM360 would be a huge boon. This would require users being able to sign in with a corporate email address which may or may not also be an Autodesk ID.

10 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi Andy, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea. We will add this to our future enhancement lists. Thank you, Trung
john.howie
Community Visitor

Bump, when can we expect to see this feature?

gasevsm
Alumni

Andy and John,

Request is Accepted and Implemented. Presently we support SSO auth to PLM 360 on a tenant by tenant basis. Two authentication modes are offered: 

1. Hybird Auth mode (employees use AD credentials exclusively, whereas non-employees continue to use AutodeskID). hybrid here is from the viewpoint of the tenant, and not the user i.e. users login with one or the other option, cannot choose.
  2. Exclusive SSO mode (everyone logs in via AD credentials)

For PLM user's viewpoint, this SSO is a different Authentication (Network Credentials as opposed to AutodeskID credentials), which is a small component of the entire Federated Identity Management (FIdM) model that involves user and group provisioning we're planning to expand in future. Having said that, PLM is still in full control of the Authorization aspect; life for a PLM admin is no different than before in terms of creating PLM user reservations, managing users to groups, roles and permissions, Active and License status in the tenant.

For users having existing AutodeskIDs, logging into PLM site using their network credentials will automatically identify based on their AutodeskID account email address and bind to the respective AD account. So their ADSK ID identity will be reused.  Be aware that other Autodesk sites and cloud services that don't participate in SSO auth will require user to continue to use and manage their AutodeskID as normal.  PLM sites that use either hybird or exclusive SSO would automaticaly detect and require of user to enter their network credentials.

Hope this helps,

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

mayur.dighe
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to test interoperability with our product via SAML.

I have my IDP (Indentity Provider).

So can please tell me how can I implement SAML support for Autodeks.

softwarelicences
Community Visitor

Hello,

How can we implement SSO with Azure AD? It uses SAML 2.0. Please advise.

Regards,

Adel Ammari

Arabian Centres

cad.support
Participant

I too would like to know how to setup SAML with Azure.  Please advise

gasevsm
Alumni
Hello, if wish to setup SSO with Fusion Lifecycle, kindly reach to our product support to start the onboarding procedure. Our identity team will guide you in requisites needed and potentially may have basic setup for your identity provider or broker service.
HTH
softwarelicences
Community Visitor
Dear,
I did contact your team to get our subscription working with SSO/SAML, but they said they are still working on it! How come you are now inviting this user to contact the team to onboard him?!
We are trying to connect our account to our Azure Active Directory (IdP), which uses SAML!
cad.support
Participant

I too would like to know how to setup SAML with Azure.  Please advise

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea