cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Script by Push Button

Run Script by Push Button

I'd like the ability to run a script by pushing abutton in the workspace item and not have to rely upon a state transition to do so. There are times where I want to create an item but use data from an existing item (the one I'm in at that time) and then link them together via the relationships tab. I want to do this without a state change (because state change would not be needed to simply link to items). I realize I can change behaviors to run a script upon creation that could do much of the same. It just makes sense to NOT to have to navigate away from where I'm at and then remeber what I want to link to. I'm all about automation.

5 Comments
darren.hartenstine
Participant

I have a similar request.  At the moment, I create a transition to the same state and make it available to a particular Role.  I tend to hide the transition from the Workflow Actions chart, since it can mess up the interface.

The action doesn't cause a state transition and only executes your script.  This give me the control to have many scripts available to users as they move along the primary states.

Darren Hartenstine

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
This is a great idea, we'll work on getting this one in quickly!
adminplm360
Enthusiast

This would be awsome. You can have it as a field in the items details tab. You can push the button and the script is run. Or maybe as a button for the whole workspace. This could make everything much more easy.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

This feature is finally being rolled out.  This will be in our upcoming release.

Check out the "What's New in our Help Guide"

Thank you,

Trung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report