cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict User Navigation to Workspaces BUT Allow Users to Access Picklists

Restrict User Navigation to Workspaces BUT Allow Users to Access Picklists

I'd like to be able to prevent my users from navigating to certain workspaces that I use for setup/reference data. However I want them to be able to use picklists that point to those workspaces.

These workspaces would be used for reference data that supports picklist (and scripts etc.) and have no value to the end user. I just want them to be able to leverage the items that are in the workspaces.

2014-01-30_0928.png

3 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi obourne, This is an interesting request. Please elaborate a little bit more, and provide use case. Most of the time, if you want users to see a particular workspace, you want them to be able to navigate to it or through links. Why do you only want the users to see the workspace through links but not through navigation? thanks, Trung
obourne
Advocate

The use case is 2 fold:

1.  The workspaces shown in the image above are purely for the purpose of storing data that will be referenced by picklists and some scripting functions. There is no need for users to nevigate to this location. I would prefer to keep them out.
  2.  I currently need to manage permission/roles for my users just to gain accecc to the data that my picklist will provide. It make sense to me to grant access to the data provided by the picklist by controlling access to the workspace item that is using the picklist.

Let me know if you need more indormation.

Status changed to: Implemented

Hi @obourne 

This is actually implemented in Modern. Please give it a go, and if you have more feedback on it, please file a new idea. 

Thank you.

Giliar Perez
Product Owner - Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk Canada Co.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report