cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconcile Workflow References

Reconcile Workflow References

Just a quick observation and suggestion... so it seems that in Security the "Workflow" permission allows you to see the "Workflow Actions" tab but you need the "Associated Workflow" permission to see the "Workflow" tab.

Also, it's confusing that there are two "Current State" columns available to show in a workspace view.  At least in Reports it gives you the option to also show the group that they're coming from, although then you have to export that so that's a bit cumbersome to turn that off and on.

I guess I don't really have a suggestion at this point, but it is something that should be cleaned up.

Thanks for listening!

6 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
HI j.hendrickson, We appreciate you taking the time to submit your ideas and suggestions. We review and analyze the workflow process. Customer's feedback and inputs are always important to us and our development team. Please continue submitting those ideas and suggestions. Thank you, Trung
j.hendrickson
Advocate

To add to this, I am noticing that when creating reports there is the "Workflow Summary", "Workflow Actions", and "Workflow" sections for an item.  Off the top of my head I could not explain what each of these sections refer to... and I thought I was getting the hang of this!  Again, these titles do not totally match other references in the system.

To top this off, when creating a report the section names reflect the user-defined names of the sections (if available) but when defining workspace views the section titles reflect the default section names.  Confusing.

j.hendrickson
Advocate

Sorry to keep harping on this but I just noticed that the "Workflow Actions" section referred to in the Display Columns area of the report creation screen is called the "Workflow History" section in the filter drop-down below that.  Crazy...

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report