cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Improvements

Project Management Improvements

Hi,

I feel there is a need for significant improvements to the project management tab. I have been using it for a while and I have a number of issues. Many of them have bee reported here already (e.g. ability to add columns). However there are some fundamental changes required to make this tab useful for managing anything other than simple projects. Some other issues are;

- it is essential that reports can be run on projects

- milestone dates must be able to be changed and modified through the project UI (regardless of whether they are linked tasks or not)

- milestones and milestone status should be visible in the gantt chart

- Selectable colours

- etc etc etc

I'm a huge advocate of PLM 360 but currently the PM tab is letting it down. I've used another web based project management system before that I think you guys should have a look at. Please PM me for the URL if you're interested.

Regards,

David.

9 Comments
DonovanJr
Advocate

Whole Heartedly Agree,

We have not fully utilized the PM tab as of yet and is one of the teasers for our users.

It's only benifit currently is for monitoring overall schedule, but most users manage their projects from the individual task workspaces for basic schedule updates - mainly editing the milestone dates. Jumping back and forth between the master project record PM tab and the individual task records makes maintaining the schedule tedious.

So my wishlist items:

1. Edit milestone dates editable from linked PM Tab

2. Add grouping, either by column, Source WS etc. and be able to turn grouping on or off.

I'm excited to get into utilizing this aspect of PLM360 more is it is the area that is most asked question from my Project Managers and Project Engineers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share the PM link.  Please

rjohnson
Enthusiast

I totally agree with David.  I am a PLM360 advocate, but the PM functionality is very poor.  All of my users get excited about it when I show it to them for the first time.  However, VERY quickly they discover how poor it is and stop using it.  With a little R&D effort, it could com a long way to making it useful and hence giving benefits to the users.

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi David, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea to us. We will add to our feature list. Thank you, Trung
vskancharla
Contributor

Agree completely with David comments. It is now just over a year since David first made his comments so has their been any improvements yet?

Regards,

Venkata Kancharla

ridvan.karsi
Explorer

Some how management has decided to push using this PLM360 project management towards to our NPI operations due to workflow capability however using it for project management can be mistake and headache due to lack of options, One of them is comment entry for each tasks. I have been using Microsoft Excel with some  formulas, it does great job. and a lot cheaper option.

I have seen this idea submitted in 2014 and so far it has not been implemented. PLM 360 is new to our group  and  familiar with it about a month.I have submitted 4 ideas through technical support last a couple of weeks and each one of them was recommended to go through idea station to get a support. Not sure if it will be cost effective to use this PLM360 as is condition and excel option at the same time until they come up with improvements. Time will tell but so far I have not been impressed.

benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for submitting your idea.  The timing isn't quite right for this to be a priority for development consideration.  As such, we will put this on the back-burner to revisit at a later date.  Please continue to comment and add your support.

Sincerely,

Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report