cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picklist Based on Group

Picklist Based on Group

Hello,

It would be very helpful to have picklists for Groups that are created that is similar to the Users, ALL by Name picklist. This way, the users would only have to be maintained in the Group and not in a manually entered picklist as well.

Thanks!

Matt

8 Comments
gasevsm
Alumni

This is a great idea, Matt ~!   Accepted

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi Matt,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea.

As my colleague previous stated, we will add this to our feature list.

Thank you,

Trung

bryce_crawford
Advocate

@gasevsm @nguyentru

Was anything ever done to follow up on this? I went to make the same suggestion. It seems like it should be part of the basic functionality. People have gotten around this by creating their own workspaces of just people in those groups. That seems like it would be a pain to keep up on and I wouldn't want to manually update that every time a user is added.

gasevsm
Alumni
No actions were done on this beyond documenting the requested solutioned ask. Yet i feel we lack problem definition as there are intricacies depending on its purpose. What specifically would you use the group-based picklist to solve, if I may ask?
bryce_crawford
Advocate

My issue was for approvals. I want to choose a person, in say a quality or marketing group, to be the sign off for a certain project or action. There is a picklist of all users, but i don't want to scroll through 150 users to find the 5 marketing people who should be a selection. I can accomplish this by creating a workspace with only the representatives I want and create a picklist based off of that workspace. It adds an extra step however and I don't want to introduce error in the process by having an admin needing to constantly update the workspace with only active users. I feel that I am already adding users in the security groups and roles, so having a picklist of users from one of those groups or roles would be helpful.

benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

This feature is currently under development in our roadmap in context of Modern. Stay tuned for updates.

Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report