cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dashboard - Graph display

My dashboard - Graph display

I am getting pretty proficient in the charting process and have several charts in my dashboard that I use every day for tracking & reporting purposes.

The problem I have is any minor change I make in the reports section, it deletes the chart from my dashboard and I have to once again add the chart back into my dashboard. "frustrating"

I recently created multiple charts and made sure that they were working properly before publishing them and had them on mty dashboard. When I simply went into the reports and changed the report from a private to public report is once again deleted it from my dashboard even though the content didn't change. This of course happens when you make any ajdustment such as change a date or chart type as well.

Why does it delete the chart from my dashboard? This is a very frustrating problem as I have multiple charts that now I have to re-upload into my dashboard and is an ongoing issue.

The system does not seem to actually be linking the reports data base to the dashboard and appears to simply be a snapshot. Refreshing the dashhboard does not update the chart as changed in the reports tab since it no longer exists in the dashboard.

I would like to suggest that this link to the reports and dashboard be actually linked. The title fields are the same and therefore the chart is getting the data from the same location. As you refresh the dashboard, it should identify those changes and simply udate the chart in the dashboard accordingly rather than seeing it as a brand new chart deleating the old chart and then haveing to bring in again.

Thank you!

3 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi RBocox, We appreciate you taking the time to submit this request. We will review it and add to your future enhancement list. Thank you, Trung
benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report