cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item should have hidden fields

Item should have hidden fields

Hi.

Item should have hidden fields.

User mustn't see content of this type fields. It will be used for development purposes by scripting or REST API.

Currently I can't see ability to hide field and get its content by REST API v2.

Best regards, Vladimir

6 Comments
matt.wegmann2
Contributor

Did you try hiding the section in item details tab in the workspace manager?  It is under the edit options for the section.  Put the field you want to hide there and set the groups up.  I am not sure how this interacts with REST API though.

nguyentru
Alumni

Hi Vladimir,

As Matt mentioned before, we can hide fields through the use of Editing a Section.

If you provide a group that has access to REST API, to the same group in the EDIT section - they can still read/write into the fields.hidden fields.PNG

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted
Hi Vladimir, Please let us know if this works for you. thanks, Trung
vmoyseenko
Contributor

Hi matt.wegmann2, nguyentru,

as I understand, when some user connects to tenant through REST API, it uses his permissiions, groups, roles.

So if user don't see a field, he can't get it through REST API.

Another question what the difference between "View-Only" and "Edit" lists?

If I move Admin Group (where is my user currently is) to View-only, user really can't edit but can see field. If I move Admin group to "Edit" list user can see and can change the field.

Best regards, Vladimir

gasevsm
Alumni

As Trung suggested, to make a field or set of fields invisible from the PLM 360 UI and at the same time allow them to be editable via API, put the fields into a section and assign advanced permissions to it.  

One approach is to create a group for API users and assign it only to users that would be calling the API. Back in the section, only give Edit (i.e. R/W) access to that group. This would allow the fields to be edited via API, and users that aren't members of the API group wouldn't know of those fields.

Word of caution, you may want to avoid tagging those 'hidden' fields a *required because creating items by users that have no access to that section may be an issue.

Hope this helps,

--

MG

Status changed to: Implemented

As this is implemented, I'm marking it as such. If you have further feedback on this feature, please create a new idea, that way we can collect more specific feedback.

Thanks,

Giliar Perez
Product Owner - Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk Canada Co.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report