PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
4 Kudos
Asingh5

Have Project Management Available Through Scripting

by Contributor Asingh5 on ‎09-13-2012 11:45 AM

Adding Project Management items in the Project Management tab is tedious at times. Being able to add project items through scripting would allow an automated procedure involving less time consumption and tedious routine work.

Comments
by Employee on ‎09-25-2012 10:04 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
This is an item that's already on our list. I've added a link to this Idea Exchange to help give it a little more priority :smileyhappy:
by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-07-2012 07:43 PM

There is a slight workaround, if you aren't using it already. You can setup a relationship tab, create all your new task items via that, then when you go to the PM tab you can add linked items & just tick the ones you need to add. However, you still have to go to each individual task item & modify the milestones if they aren't how you would like them to be.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-08-2012 12:08 PM

Correction. You can actually do it all from the 'Add Linked Items' button in the PM tab.

by Mentor on ‎10-22-2012 03:50 PM

Jared. This would be an extremely useful feature. Any ideas of timescales for when we could expect to see it?

by Employee on ‎10-29-2012 09:14 PM

Unfortunately I'm not able to comment on any time frames for the release of features in the product, however…  I can say that expanding the scripting engine’s reach into Project Management, relationships, workflow items, bom,  …., etc.  is a high focus of my scripting efforts.

by Employee on ‎02-09-2013 08:42 PM

We're part way there, read access to the project management tab has been added in the Feb. 2013 PLM 360 release.  We'll followup with write access to project mangement in scripting.

by troy.hylton on ‎03-06-2013 11:46 AM

Right now there is only read access, but write access is required as well.

by Employee on ‎05-11-2013 11:28 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate
New read/write scripting access to project management is now available in the May 2013 PLM 360 release!
by Employee ‎05-11-2013 11:31 PM - edited ‎05-11-2013 11:35 PM

Here's a simple example of scripting to project management tasks:

//adds tasks to projects

if(item.PROJECT!== null){   // a picklist of projects on the tasks item details page.

var taskExists = false;
     var project = item.PROJECT.project;

//check to see if the task is already added to the project
     for(var i =0 ; i < project.subTasks.length; i++){
          if(item.descriptor.descriptor === project.subTasks[i].title){
               taskExists = true;
               break;
          }
     }

if(taskExists === false){

//add the task to the project

item.PROJECT.project.addTask(item, new Date(), new Date(), 10);
    }
}

Read:

item.project.<FIELD> where <FIELD> is: title, start_date, end_date, duration, progress, predecessors, subTasks, status, statusCode

item.project.subTasks[i].<FIELD> where <FIELD> is: id, title, start_date, end_date, duration, progress, predecessors, subTasks, children, status, statusCode, owner, target, isReadOnly

Write:

item.project.addTask("Task Name", startDate, endDate, progressPct); // Free-form text task
item.project.addTask(targetItem, startDate, endDate, progressPct); // Item linking task or milestone task

by Employee on ‎07-02-2014 10:05 AM
Status changed to: Implemented

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey