cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting on the BOM

Formatting on the BOM

I believe Hagay has raised my idea about better shading on the BOM ( http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/PLM-360-General/Shading-on-the-BOM/td-p/4634245 ).  

I like to add to that to have the level 2 headings in Bold.  On an expanded list, now that the indentations have been removed it's quite hard to understand which levels are which and I can see our users struggling to adopt this easily - especially as several have dyslexia and find large amounts of textual data in black, white and grey hard to process quickly and accurately.

I also preferred the old style list that had the descriptor indented to mark the levels as I think it was much easier to see what was what - can this be re-instated - see below ? (thanks to Brian Schanen and http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2012/10/feature-friday-you-dropped-a-bom-on-me-plm-360... for the image)

BOM_indented_old.jpg

Here's the comparison with the new look BOM:

BOM_new.JPG

Thanks for listening!

Fiona

5 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni

Hi fhmurray,

We appreciate you submitting this request.  We will review your request and add to the future enhancement list.

Thanks,

Trung

nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Status changed to: Implemented

The BOM tab UI does not shade the rows inconsistently and clearly indents different levels in the structure.

amitabhvermaB3FGD_0-1698354602060.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report