cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCO sees only the document under previous revision change

DCO sees only the document under previous revision change

We have revision controlled workflow for the DCO workspace.  On occasions, I make minor changes to a document after the change order has been accepted (not everyone in my company has spelling, grammar and formatting skills).  These changes are minor changes that do not affect the content of the document.  I usually find these types of errors when I distribute the document.  The next change order created for the document does not "see" the document I changed after the DCO has been accepted, it links only to the document attached to the previous change order - even though you can open my document and can see the document history when clicking the history icon.  It makes more sense for the next change order to "see" the last document attached rather than just the document linked to the previous change order.

3 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

nguyentru
Alumni

Hi Charmene,

The issue with the Revision Controlled, it locks all the information to ensure no other changes or updates.  By you doing the changes after the change order have gone through, the system won't recognize the new update.  

One option is to create a special transition in the Change Order for documentations updates that doesn't require the entire approval board.

This will only allow a selected few to go and make the corrections in the documents and push through the change order. This way it will always get the latest version in the attachment.

I understand the need for the request, but during the meant time will this alternative process works for you.

Thanks,

Trung

benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Due to the current direction of the product, we are not considering this idea for implementation at this time.  Thank you for your contribution, every idea is welcome.  We encourage your continued participation on the Idea Station.

Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report