PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
20 Kudos
jared.sund

Copy custom views between users

by Employee jared.sund ‎06-14-2012 01:45 PM - edited ‎06-19-2012 09:24 AM

I've seen that the custom views created in the item viewer are not avaliable for other users.

Is there a way to do this?

As administrator I'd like to create some default views for all the users

Comments
by ACapuzzo on ‎10-11-2012 02:54 AM

It would really save a lot of time.

by Employee jared.sund on ‎10-29-2012 09:28 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
This idea has several Kudos added to it, so let’s get a conversation started on it! I’ve been thinking about this idea for quite a while, and I always get stumped on the usability of it. As a user of PLPM360, I certainly do not want to pollute my views pull down menu with a bunch of other people’s views. So, I think I’d want some method to view/clone views that others have created or published. Or, maybe we leave this as an administrative task to create a set of default views that users can freely use, modify, or clone? Thoughts, opinions???
by Active Contributor DonovanJr on ‎11-21-2012 05:02 AM

Yes it would not only save time but allow an administrator to set the default views taylored to their organization needs.

I would reccomend it be an administrator only (like in the General Admin Section etc) as pushing views out by the users would quickly get overloaded and confusing.

BD

by Employee jared.sund on ‎01-27-2013 10:11 PM

I tend to agree, this should be an adminstrator task only.  I could see this as part of the workspace setup tools.  Where an administrator could create a set (zero or more) default custom views.

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎02-21-2013 01:45 PM

I like this idea. As an administrator I want to be able to "set" (or at least make available) certain views that I know are "good" for certain types of filtering/viewing rather than have my users have to figure it out one-by-one (I have a 100+ potential users). Some of the views we need are fairly complex to set up depending on the information needed. I don't want to have to go around to every users to explain to then what to do.

by Employee jared.sund on ‎04-14-2013 10:05 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by dnaugle on ‎12-20-2013 06:56 AM

Ditto to all the above comments. About to launch to 40 users and have 12 different workspace views that will need to be set for all seats. The ability to create a "standard view" up front would be quite helpful.

by Employee nguyentru on ‎06-03-2014 02:14 PM
Status changed to: Accepted

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey