cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call scripts at import

Call scripts at import

Hi,

It would be a useful addition if scripts could be called when performing imports. 

Thanks,

David. 

10 Comments
dkeeley
Collaborator

I had a few more thoughts on this. It would be great if there was also a way to run scripts on multiple items at once.

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
dkeeley, I'll look into scripts running during imports, I agree an import record shoud behave just like adding a new reocrd through the UI (runs behavior scripts). As for running running scripts on multiple items at once, check out the loadItem(dmsID) function in the wikiHelp @ http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0085-Develope85/0086-Server-S86/0093-Scriptin93 This returns an item: var newItem = loadItem(1234);
dkeeley
Collaborator

Thanks. I'll try that. 

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dkeeley
Collaborator

Hi Jared,

It would be good if there was an easy way to run a script on all items within a workspace. Perhaps this feature could be added also? Or should I create another case for this?

Thanks,

David.

jared.sund
Alumni

Not a bad idea!  Could you open another idea request for this?

AstroRossD
Advocate

It would be pretty useful if imports could be set to call on-create and/or on-edit scripts.

Is this request likely to be revived? The workaround for script running on multiple items doesn't really meet this.

gary.belisle
Advocate

This idea should be given some serious consideration. We really need the ability to run a script on all items in an Import Project. Since you cannot import Sourcing info, we import it into a field in the details page. We have a script that runs during on create or on edit in the workspace to update the Sourcing tab. But this doesn't work during the Import.

gasevsm
Alumni

Greetings, please reach me in private to discuss details and the next steps related to addressing your needs. Regards,

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report