cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Able to Project "Labor Hours Needed" Easily

Be Able to Project "Labor Hours Needed" Easily

When creating a project that with multiple levels of tasks and subprojects I want to be able to get a chart for labor hours projected/need. I realize that this currently can be done using multiple apps combined but I would prefer a way to do this simply with a purpose built app or report.

I say this because in Excel I was able to build a project, assign labor hours and see a graph of projected labor (therfore costs) for a myriad of projects all in a single (albiet huge) spreadsheet. It's a tough sell to get a project manager to switch to 360 when Excel seems easier to use and presents richer data in a single interface than 360 which would need multiple items.

In all fairness I did not actually configure 360 to perform the above mentioned function. I spoke to Trung Nguyen out of SF who explained to me that it would take 3 items to replace my spreadsheet.

It would seem to me that a purpose built app/function/capability within a single item would make more sense than having multiple items to perform an equivelant function as Excel.

The more 360 can displace MS project and spreadsheets for project sheduling and management the better.

3 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
This is another topic that's been on the discussion block. We look for a solution for this in a future release.
aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

sendithard
Enthusiast

In manufacturing Flow only goes top down. Since bottom up is preferred it would make sense to add this.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report