PLM 360 IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk PLM 360 Development Team
2 Kudos
jvwalton

Allow Excel spreadsheets to run in PLM 360 windows

by jvwalton on ‎11-29-2012 06:18 PM

I have an Excel application I would like to run in PLM 360.  It uses VBA and could draw from data in PLM 360.  It is a relatively large application and has a large screen footprint which means there must be capability to scroll to the right to see important data.

Perhaps this capability already exists and I'm not aware of it.  Since many of us are coming from spreadsheet intensive environments it might make the transition easier for us if we could use our Excel applications directly in PLM 360.

I’m not sure about running a spreadsheet project directly within PLM360, but we've had internal discussions around adding grid like functionality to the item details page. This is a good idea; however I think we’ll have to put this one out a ways. I also think you’re spot on about the advantage of this feature for users coming from excel solutions.
Comments
by Employee on ‎01-27-2013 08:32 PM
Status changed to: Future Consideration
I’m not sure about running a spreadsheet project directly within PLM360, but we've had internal discussions around adding grid like functionality to the item details page. This is a good idea; however I think we’ll have to put this one out a ways. I also think you’re spot on about the advantage of this feature for users coming from excel solutions.
by jon on ‎02-19-2013 03:48 PM

If for some reason there is integration with google for this purpose, beware, because google docs is often blocked in China among other countries . 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea

PLM 360 Survey