cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new report type for Planners

A new report type for Planners

Both for Service Requests and Sales Meetings planning would be usefull to have a kid of report called

something like Planning report showing Dates on columns(for visits, meeting, events, etc) and being able to select another field for rows and cell contents.

It would be something like what MS Excel calls Pivot Tables.
I understand it may be not trivial to develop but, from the management point of view, the applications would be many.
Time management is an high priority issue for all.

For instance, think about a report with dates in columns titles, technicians names on rows titles and the the scheduled customer's name, with contact's phone number and Service Request descriptions inside the cells.

8 Comments
barattini_ptech
Participant

I like this idea

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
I too like this idea... I think to build on this, we should expand the reporting engine to allow for lots more configuration. The hopper is always full, but I'd like to have enhancements to the reporting engine to be a focus point for us in the future. I would love to hear more ideas/thoughts, images, of the types of reporting capability folks would like to see.
NPIADMIN
Contributor

Actually, we should be able to create reports regardless of the Permissions type we have.

Currently we can only have reports based on the items we creates and we don't see in the reports other users items. We need a way to be able to set a report for all the items created without changing the permissions. As the only workaround now is to give full view accesses to everybody which doesn't work for workflow management.

Is this something that will be added in a next release too?

Thanks

jared.sund
Alumni

@ NPIADMIN, when I first read your comment I was a little confused…  However, after re-reading, I think you are asking for a reporting view only permission?  Today, you can provide view only access to the item details, and other tabs within a workspace, however I think you’re asking for access to view information in a report only…  You may not have access to view items in a workspace, however (per your idea), you may have access to view items added to a report (or something along these lines).  Could you open a new idea and expand on this?

ACapuzzo
Participant

Hello, just to help don't to loose the subject of my idea... I just quickly suggest to implement, from within PLM360, a report like that... It would work fine with resources time management... (See attached file to the first post for details)

TimeTable.JPG

Best regards,

Andrea Capuzzo

jared.sund
Alumni

Thanks for the image!  I already open a feature request for this, but adding the image provides more clarity!

jonas.andersson
Contributor

Hi there, I like the idea of an more interactive report similar to pivot table. I would like to use sliders to limit the result and/or choose what selection to view.

Such as sold number of products per time period, where product and time can be defined interactively without the need of making a new report.

Kind regards,

Jonas

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report