Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me on 'Notify by e-mail on occurrence' in the workflow transition please?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mvuong
428 Views, 1 Reply

help me on 'Notify by e-mail on occurrence' in the workflow transition please?

My workflow email alert in my profile is set as emailAlertUserProfile.png

My transistion Start is set as 

trans.png

My workflow shows that I can push the Start transition to In Process state

start.png

I'm also the next person can perform the Submit for Review transition

inprocess.png

Why i do not receive any email notifications after I performed the Start transition?

if i perform the Submit for Review transition, i will get an email notifiction because I'm the reviewer to perform the review. Why it sometime sent to me and sometime not. I'm the person to perform next transition. 

Thank you,

Ming

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
broepke
in reply to: mvuong

Hi Ming,

You need to think of the settings in a pair.  The transition you're selecting to perform (in your case "Start") as well as the transitions that are exiting the next state - in your case I would look at "Submit for Review"

1. For the start state you need to have set the option "Notify by e-mail on Occurance"

2..For the submit for review state you need to have set "Notify users who have permission to perform it" option selected.

Again... Think of them as a pair - The first transition is turning on the alert, the second transition is telling the people who have permission to take the next step.

Note: This is also a good example because you have TWO transitions exiting the next state.  Think of it how the people that can perform the cancel transition might be different than those that submit.  Here you can control who gets notified for each transition

Here is a great, detailed blog post on this.

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2012/11/feature-friday-dont-go-cross-eyed-figuring-out...

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report