Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dmsiD Question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dkeeley
768 Views, 3 Replies

dmsiD Question

Hi,

How can I access the dmsID of a target item using scripting? I have a items which has a link to another item e.g.

item.CONTRACT_REFERENCE

The 'contract reference' item is created in a script - I then need to get its dmsID of the new item to create some URLs. A simple solution here would be to allow tenants access to the 'DMSID' function in calculated fields (as used in the sequencer workspaces). The new item would then be able to diaply its own DMSID as a field when it was created. As Autodesk have removed access to this I am assuming there's another way to do it?

Alternatively - can Autodesk allow me to use DMSID in calculated fields in my tennant?

Thanks,

David.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: dkeeley

Hi David,

You can access the dmsID of an item by using item.*linked pick list item*..descriptor.dmsID 

You can also access this through either the relationship tab or the project management tab. 

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 4
dkeeley
in reply to: jpiggee

Joe,

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks for the quick response. You guys are doing a great job.

Can I make a suggestion that this is added to the scripting help notes?

David.

Message 4 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: dkeeley

David,

All scripting information is located in the Wiki help under Scripting guide > Server-Side Scripting > Scripting reference.

Helpful url: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0091-Develope91/0092-Server-S92/0099-Scriptin99

And can be found under Descriptor Properties on the item Object.

Helpful url: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0091-Develope91/0092-Server-S92/0099-Scriptin99#S...

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report