Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configurable BOM

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ab
Explorer
579 Views, 6 Replies

configurable BOM

Hi,

Any idea how to set up configurable BOM ? (sometimes call master bill of material)

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jpiggee
in reply to: ab

Hi Ange,

Welcome to the forums!

I personally am not familiar to a “cell master bill of materials”, and Google failed me on trying to improve my knowledge about it. Would it be possible for you to enlighten me about this topic? (links to some reading material would work or some diagrams). And we will be more than willing to assist you with our new improved knowledge.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 7
ab
Explorer
in reply to: jpiggee

The goal is to avoid multiple BOMs and manage only one master BOM. Bom Configuration includes for example color, size, material, ...

I'm just looking a nice way to do it with PLM360.

You can read :

http://emcien.com/fixed-bom-vs-configurable-products/

http://virtualdutchman.com/2010/02/14/bom-for-dummies-cto/

http://plmtwine.com/2009/04/02/is-it-time-for-a-synchronized-bill-of-materials/

http://scn.sap.com/thread/989496

Message 4 of 7
dkeeley
in reply to: jpiggee

Hi,

We would also be interested in this. Eventually we'll want to be able to configure BOMs based on selecting product options. We'll also want to be able to generate MBOMs from EBOMs and keep them linked and synchronised.

I don't think this is possible at the moment but it should all be doable once the BOM tab is scriptable. Any ideas when its coming?

David.

Message 5 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: dkeeley

@dkeeley wrote:

Hi,

We would also be interested in this. Eventually we'll want to be able to configure BOMs based on selecting product options. We'll also want to be able to generate MBOMs from EBOMs and keep them linked and synchronised.

I don't think this is possible at the moment but it should all be doable once the BOM tab is scriptable. Any ideas when its coming?

David.

Advanced BOM has been on the cards for a while now. I understand it takes a lot to get it right given the complexities involved across different industries and companies. However, the lack of a decent sync tool (Not the prohibitively priced jitterbit tool) and a BOM which actually allows properties to be added to it (i.e: there's no item details on the BOM tab at the moment) and is configurable as it moves through it product lifecycle (instead of being read only) is stopping me/us from pushing PLM throughout the company in a serious manner.

We're just dithering about with the manufacturing aspect of PLM until this happens. All the upfront product tools are setup fairly well in PLM360 already.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 7
dkeeley
in reply to: scottmoyse

We don't need it right now. As long as its coming I'm happy. It'll be interesting to see what way PLM 360 handles these issues when it comes.

Message 7 of 7
jpiggee
in reply to: dkeeley

Hello and sorry for the long time between replies.

Yes things are coming, right now the big push is on getting tenants to Oxygen, but after that there are many things in the works for the next release that  will help; if not resolve this question. I can’t give out a lot of details but let’s just say derived fields and filtered pick list are just not for the items tab.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report