Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Syn tool: cannot choose the PLM360 lifecycle in Vault

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
danielg67
682 Views, 12 Replies

Vault Syn tool: cannot choose the PLM360 lifecycle in Vault

Hi

I'm trying to configure the connection between Vault 2013 and PLM 360.

I'm able to choose the workspace but not the lifecycle state (Message: "No valid transitions found")

First I thought I was not defining properly my new worskpace but when using the default Items & BOM happens the same.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Garcia

PLM-VAULT.jpg

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dvirh
in reply to: danielg67

Daniel,

The lifecycle states required for the Vault Integration are required to meet very specific requirements. You can see the requirements in the help file (you can open the help file from the Sync tool). In general you need to end up with something like the area highlighted in Yellow in the image below:

Required life cycle states for Vault Integration

The general rules are as follows:

1. You have to have a Release state and an Obsolete state (names are not important)
  2. There must be a link from Unreleased directly to the Released state
  3. There must be a loop around the Release state with both Increment Version and Increment Release checked
  4. There must be a direct link from the Release state to Obsolete
  5. There must be a direct link from the Obsolete state to the Release state

Also note that since Vault is responsible for the revisioning of its own items, you do not need a Revisioning workspace in PLM 360 for the Vault data.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 13
danielg67
in reply to: dvirh

Hi Hagay

Thanks for the detailed explanation but I cannot find anywhere how to edit the lifecycle.

If there's an explanation in some place I'd appreciate that you send me a link.

thanks

Daniel

Message 4 of 13
dvirh

Daniel,

you can find information about the Lifecycle editor in the Wikihelp:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0079-Lifecycl79/0080-PLM_Impl80

You can find the Lifecycle editor in PLM 360 under Administration-->Setup-->General-->Lifecycle Editor

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 13
danielg67
in reply to: dvirh

Hi I already had read this but I don't see how to join one lifecycle state to another with an arrow in the editor. regards Daniel
Message 6 of 13
dvirh

If you hover over the edge of a box, especially near where another arrow is already connected to the box, you will see a semi-circle pop up. Click and drag from there.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 13
danielg67

Hi

I was able to edit the lifecycles and I have created one like the one you send me (see attached picture). It is associated with a new revisioning workspace called New Change Order.

I still have the same problem, configuring the link from Vault doens't show any valid lifecycle.

BTW: No help in my Vault connector

PD: email me private if you like.

regards

Daniel

lifecycle for Vault Sync

Message 8 of 13
BorisChan

HI Daniel,

When you say Vault doens't show any valid lifecycle, does it show an Exclaimation on the connection setup? When you click help as shown, does it launch PLM360 Sync help on your browser?

The possible cause of the issue is that the user you use to connect to PLM360 does not have enough permisson to access teh Life Cycle Phases. I would suggest to add this user to the admin group and then try again

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Boris

Message 9 of 13
danielg67
in reply to: BorisChan

Hi Boris Yes, it shows the exclamation mark in "PLM 360 lifecycle states", and the tooltip "No valid transitions found". The user is sysadmin. It connects with PLM 360 because it shows 3 workspaces avaliable in "PLM 360 workspace" field. When I click on Help button appears the dialog box "Help File not found". Do I need a Revisioning Workspace?. If not how can I create the lifecycle. If yes, it asked me to upload a workflow with a "Change Management" state. regards Daniel
Message 10 of 13
BorisChan

Hi Daniel,

On the Help Button not able to bring up the PLM360 Sync help menu issue, can yo try the following:

1) Check if the following directory exists or not. If not, please create it

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2013\Extensions\

2) Place attached content under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2013\Extensions\

using extract to  "Autodesk.Plm.VaultSync.ConfigExtension\" and

3) PLace help.zip under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault 2013\Extensions\Autodesk.Plm.VaultSync.ConfigExtension\

using extract to  "Help\" and

see if you can view the help file or not after unzipping the content.  have been looking at the vault sync setup and could not reproduce the problem/symptom you are experiencing. On the Life Cycle Phase transition: "Eng Revise" do you have the check boxes Increment Version and Increment Release checked?

Boris

Message 11 of 13
BorisChan

HI Daniel,

On the two LCP Transitions,

1) To Eng-Release - Make sure No check boxes are NOT checked for Obsolete, Increment Version and Invrement Release.

1) To Obsolete - Make sure check box is checked for Obsolete,

Increment Version and Invrement Release are not checekd.

Boris

Product Support

Message 12 of 13
danielg67
in reply to: BorisChan

Hi Boris - LCP transitions were OK. - I've found Vault Sync help, thanks... It's in place but the button doens't work. Any way I can open directly the html file.. Regarding the configuration somebody from ADSK is going to call me. Thanks Daniel
Message 13 of 13
dvirh

Just to close the loop for the benefit of the community, the problem was resolved by matching the LC map to the following image. Note that the Names of the states and transitions are not important, but the designations (the check marks) are. All of these transitions are mandatory. For additional information please see the help file for the sync toolVault Integration Required LC Transitions.png

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report