Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DMSID in computed fields

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dkeeley
463 Views, 2 Replies

Using DMSID in computed fields

Hi,

In the 'Sequencer' workspace which is provided with the standard tennant the 'Seq ID' field uses the value 'DMSID' in the computed field formula to display the dmsid of the item. However I do not seem to be able to use it myself. Nor can I clone the 'Seq ID' field.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

David.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
broepke
in reply to: dkeeley

Hi David,

We're blocking the system prop (DMSID) from being used in computed fields now.  However, checking with the guy that wrote the sequencer that field isn't really needed.  It's essentially just there to make it easier for new users to "see" the DMSID.

You can still call the DMSID via scripting and it will give you the same result. 

print(dmsID);

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0091-Develope91/0092-Server-S92/0099-Scriptin99

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 3
dkeeley
in reply to: broepke

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the information. I had already looked at getting the dmsid from the script. The problem is that I have 2000 or so records that I need to be able to get the dmsid for. A calculated field would allow me to do this without having to run a script on all the records.

Could you unlock this functionality? Alternatively if you are going to release some functionality that makes it easier to run a script on batches of items at once then that would do the trick also.

David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report