Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task order within Projects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jesseck
424 Views, 3 Replies

Task order within Projects

When I add 3 tasks to a project, they ordered in the Task list by both Start Date (ascending) and Task Number (Ascending).  If I forgot a Task, and add it at a later time, this Task is displayed below any task with a lower Task Number.  Is there a way to re-order the display so that Task Number is not taken into account initially, but rather the End Date (or parent/child prerequisites) and then Task Number?

For Example, I create 3 tasks:

TASK01 with StartDate 01/01/12 and EndDate 01/03/12

TASK02 with StartDate 01/04/12 and EndDate 01/04/12, Prerequisite TASK01

TASK03 with StartDate 01/05/12 and EndDate 01/06/12, Prerequisite TASK02

The order is as I expect, and the Gantt chart is ordered and easy to read.  However, if I add TASK04 with StartDate 01/01/12 and EndDate 01/01/12, and set TASK01 to use TASK04 as a prerequisite, the Project Item (Task) order will be as follows:

TASK01 with StartDate 01/01/12 and EndDate 01/03/12, Prerequisite TASK04

TASK04 with StartDate 01/01/12 and EndDate 01/01/12

TASK02 with StartDate 01/04/12 and EndDate 01/04/12, Prerequisite TASK01

TASK03 with StartDate 01/05/12 and EndDate 01/06/12, Prerequisite TASK02

The Gantt would appear to be "cleaner" if the TASK04 were inculded above TASK01 in the Project Item list.  As of now, it seems the EndDate is not taken into account for the task order.  Aside from the EndDate, it would also help if the Prerequisite was taken into account when building the Project Items list (so that child items appear below parents).

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michelle.stone
in reply to: jesseck

Are you adding the tasks into the task workspace, or creating them on the fly?  (another post dealing with this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-PLM-360/Can-Tasks-be-created-from-inside-Project-Management/t...)

Creating a task in the workspace is done here:

Task_workspace.png

On the fly would be done on the 'Schedule' tab of the Project Management workspace:

on_the_fly_task.png

I'm looking into this for you, but knowing which method you are using will help.

Thanks!

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
jesseck
in reply to: michelle.stone

Michelle, The screenshots you included show what I am doing.  I have a Project, and I'm adding "sub tasks" that were not initially included.  I am creating these new sub-tasks the Task using the Tasks interface, and then adding the Task to the Project.

Message 4 of 4
michelle.stone
in reply to: jesseck

Thanks again for your feedback.  I reproduced your concern and will share it here for others and pass along the desire to take end date and prerequisites into account when displaying the timeline.

task.png

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report