Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting: Log in ID Vs System ID Q and A

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jpiggee
691 Views, 5 Replies

Scripting: Log in ID Vs System ID Q and A

Question: When I am scripting in PLM, why am I sometimes not able to have the user ID match the login ID of the user I am testing against?

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jpiggee
in reply to: jpiggee

Answer: The User ID (Autodesk password) does not have to match the System ID (PLM internal Password)

Explained:

One is created internally, by the administrator, when the (unmapped) user is created in PLM (System ID). The other is created by the user, in Oxygen, when signing up to the Autodesk id, and is later imported into PLM when this user first logs in (User ID). That’s when the user gets “mapped”, meaning that the Autodesk id (O2) is _mapped_ to the internal (PLM) id.

In order to test what the System ID (PLM ID) of a User ID (Autodesk ID), you can use this simple script:

var user = '*login id*'; //login of the user in question

var userInfo = Security.loadUser(user); //return info of the user in question

println(userInfo);

Debug Return:  ID: userStatus: firstName: lastName: email: // and so on….

The first one (in Red) is the System ID of the user which could be different from the Login ID of the user.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 3 of 6
j.hendrickson

Now how can I find the User (Autodesk) ID if I know the System (PLM) ID?

Message 4 of 6
jpiggee
in reply to: j.hendrickson

Hi Joe,

The User ID (Autodesk ID) will always be the ID listed in the users profile, under Administration -> Security -> Users. After the Autodesk ID is mapped to the System profile created by the administrator.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 5 of 6
j.hendrickson

I knew I should have left the qualifier "through scripting" in my question. 🙂 Is it possible to find the User ID through scripting if you know the System ID?
Message 6 of 6
jpiggee
in reply to: j.hendrickson

Joe,

Unfortunately no, due to how the two accounts are tied together the PLM system is only aware of the PLM ID (true ID in the system) and is not aware of the Autodesk ID. In order to find the users Autodesk ID, you have to search for it under the user list in the Admin section.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report