Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management Scripting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Raid.n.t
798 Views, 4 Replies

Project Management Scripting

Hi All,

i am struggleing to understand the basic layout scripts using the item.project object

what is the basic layout of the the project management tab script.

eg modify the % Complete of a specific Task from a field on item details tab

eg the same as above but modify task on a related item

if i can just get the basic layout i am sure i can work out the rest

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jpiggee
in reply to: Raid.n.t

Hello James,

If I understand you correctly, the answer would be you cannot modify anything on the project management tab by scripting, but you can transverse through it to other objects and modify those.

If you are looking to find out the amount completed then that would be “item.project.progress”

Here’s a so more info on the breakdown of scripting with the project tab.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0091-Scriptin91/0098-Scriptin98#SECTION_C9D422616...

And I’ve attached a cheat sheet as well.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 5
Raid.n.t
in reply to: jpiggee

That is really useful, thanks for that.

If you have any other documents like that I would find them extremely valuable 

it doesn't look like I can do what I want, maybe someone has an idea? 

I want to have a "Project" item with the tasks set in the project management tab. Every week I will do a "Status Report" on that project, I want the status report to grab the array of tasks in the project management tab of the "Project" item and populate it in the grid of the "Status report" item. This way I can take notes on each task, (things like Issues, notes, requirements, etc)

I was then hoping I could have another field on the Status report grid for % Complete, this would then write back to the project item and update the Gant for me.

If I can't write back to the project that is OK (Although it would be nice) can I get the array of item titles and add them to the grid somehow.

although it doesn't look like it, I though I would just ask.

I really appreciate your help

thanks again

Message 4 of 5
jpiggee
in reply to: Raid.n.t

Hi James,

Rather than looking at trying to do this by scripting, Why not just have a Overview Project workspace? I.E. have one workspace that will roll up and store all projects per day / week / month. You could do reporting on it and have it sitting in people’s dashboard.

I think this would be a better solution then having to remember to manually run a script every time to collect the information and report it back.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 5 of 5
Raid.n.t
in reply to: jpiggee

Thanks for all of your help,

I may not have explained my workflow well enough, my fault.

That is OK I will put up on the idea station.

Thank again, really appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report